PDA

View Full Version : looking for a part

Beekeeper
03-24-2013, 10:23 AM
I am in the process of making my last rifle ( honest),Just don't have the umph for it any more.
Any way I have cleared my junk box of all the gunparts and have ,on order , or on hand all of the parts to build a Remington 514 single shot rifle, except for the front sight.
No one seems to have one!
If you have or know of a local shop that might have one drop me a PM and I will maybe get this little guy completed.

Jim was kind enough to send me a picture of his so I would have a pic to use for sizing the stock so all I need is a front sight.

beekeeper

sparky45
03-24-2013, 01:42 PM
Have you tried www.gunpartscorp.com, they are always my go to site. BTW, the Old 514 was my first gun, got it for Christmas 1957. I have it setting right behind me as I compose this message.

Mk42gunner
03-24-2013, 04:11 PM
Is this a dovetailed sight or is it on a screwed on ramp? Never mind, I just looked on gpc and see it is dovetailed. Brownell's should have one that will work. If you get a flat topped post, you can file it down until it is the sorrect height.

If you really want a bead, use an improveised front sight to get the right height then order the closest size.

Robert

Taylor
03-27-2013, 09:23 PM
Is that not a Lyman 17?

Para Cassatt
03-28-2013, 12:33 AM
PM sent but no I don't have a front sight.