PDA

View Full Version : Bummed

sigep749
03-23-2013, 04:55 PM
Was supposed to shoot the first IDPA match of the year but its raining/sleeting!

Case Stuffer
03-23-2013, 05:08 PM
Match closest to me was cancled last month due to range being a mud pit and they did not want shooters getting stuck or the road tore up worse. There was a match scheduled for today but it rained last night and this morning and has rained several inches in the past two weeks. If they had the match today then my hat is off to those who put forth a gallent effort but matches are no longer that important to me. Thirty years ago we never canceled no matter how bad the weather but I was much younger and foolish.

bigboredad
03-23-2013, 05:39 PM
I'm getting more like case stuffer not sure if I like it or not but we can't stop age so we might as well enjoy it

RobS
03-23-2013, 06:23 PM
Yep........it's the Kansas warm and sunny one moment and then freezing and snowing/sleeting the next, time of year. I just did some casting and I am still happy that I'm getting away from the real world for a bit.

sigep749
03-23-2013, 06:35 PM
Yeah, I loaded a little over 1000 rounds today, so it wasn't a waste. But, my finger is twitching! Now it is snowing!

bigboredad
03-23-2013, 08:46 PM
Spring time in the rockies I had to test some. 480 loads I worked up in a blizzard n. Next in the 60's I should have waited

Jack Stanley
03-24-2013, 09:39 AM
Many years ago a pal of mine went to a match near the quad cities and I tagged along . It's a good thing we brought our rain suits 'cause it rain and drizzled most of the first day . The second day was a bit better with some sun , it must have been an important match because they didn't slow it down for nothing .

Jack

sigep749
03-24-2013, 07:06 PM
We probably would have shot, but the only people that showed up were me and the club officers. I was bummed, but not that bumme, it was stinking cold! Ended up spending the evening out in the crud anyway. I work or the power company and we lost 3/4 of the town due to wind and ice.

Bwana
03-24-2013, 07:47 PM
I shot the Texas State match back in '99 or 2000 at McKinney, TX and it was in the mid forties and rained most of the time. It was miserable and yet my eldest son and I did well and had a blast. On the second day many of the shooters in their middle fifties and older left. Risked getting sick if they stayed, good choice of their part. I am one of those folks now and won't shoot if it is wet and cold.

km101
03-24-2013, 09:59 PM
I've shot may share of matches in the rain, and occasionally sleet or ice. But not any more! I shoot for fun, and that doesn't qualify as fun any more! I'm not going to be on the line when I'm shaking from the cold or wet and miserable. I'm a fair weather kinda' guy now that I'm older.