PDA

View Full Version : Pneumatic Parts for Derimm Machine.

Sliver Shooter
03-23-2013, 04:39 PM
I hope I've not missed a thread that mentions this information. I've did some looking. Dukeinmaine, you probably are the man to ask this question. Where does one get the parts/componants to put these pneumatic systems togeather. I have never worked with an air setup before.
i bought a 4V210-08 solenoid valve off ebay, got my cylinder but the fittings and hose and those things, what do you use and where to find?

DukeInFlorida
03-24-2013, 07:22 AM
Any good hardware store has the air hose and air connectors for the hose. It's rigid hose. My local store has it in 1/4" and 3/8" sizes. And, I live in a tiny town with a tiny hardware store.
Quick disconnect type fittings are easier, but not required.
Mufflers for the solenoid are also nice, but not needed if your noise level is acceptable.

Sliver Shooter
03-24-2013, 09:50 AM
Thank you Duke. That gets me going in the right direction.

kuraki
03-27-2013, 02:13 PM
If you can't find what you need locally, I order lots of pneumatic components from McMaster-Carr. Even if you don't purchase from them, it might pay for you to visit their site and look for what you need, as they tend to have a lot of nice, descriptive information about different subcomponents. They're also practically overnight shipping to MN from Chicago.