PDA

View Full Version : My new carry piece... M605 .357 Magnum

tacklebury
03-22-2013, 10:28 PM
Seems like a nice little hand cannon so far. Got lucky and picked up the wood grips for $20 shipped and they fit my hand a bit better than the boot grip. I shot 10 full house 158 gr. XTP Hornady Custom loads through her and it's nothing to sneeze at but was still controllable for me. Will likely just plink with .38 when not carrying. 8) Was happy to find one with the crunch on. ;)

Adam10mm
03-23-2013, 12:42 AM
Used to own a stainless 605. Good little gun. Only put a couple hundred rounds through it and got rid of it. I put Crimson Trace grips on it.

GL49
03-23-2013, 12:55 AM
I've got a stainless 605, it came with the itty-bitty grips you could only get two fingers on. I picked up a set of Taurus grips that I could get all three fingers on the grip, it's not bad even with 357 loads. Made all the difference in the world, and it would still disappear all the way in my back pocket when hiking. Those wood grips you've got look pretty good.

gunfan
03-23-2013, 01:14 AM
Nice. I hope that you can shoot it well. Many .357 Magnums are brutal when they are at the range, yet surprisingly controllable when the SHTF.

Scott

ebner glocken
03-23-2013, 08:07 PM
I had two different ones. I hope you have better luck with yours. One would jump time and was sent back to taurus twice for the same problem. The other threads was buggered on the ejector rod would come unscrewed and lock the gun up tight, sent back to taurus only to have the same problem occur again. Trust was lost in either for their intended purpose and both was traded off promptly after two attempts to fix. They was so close to being great guns. Oddly enough another taurus 85 that I own keeps on going great with many rounds downrange. If you got a good one, hold on to it.

Ebner