PDA

View Full Version : Forster Co-Ax Press question/concern

remy3424
03-22-2013, 07:42 PM
Bought a used Co-Ax press here a while back and finally bolted her on the bench. I turned the jaws to accept the small cases (223, 204 etc,), I am finding the sharp edges of the jaws scar-up the base and rim of the brass. Does anyone else find this? Could it hurt anything to buff or polish the sharp edges down a bit?

JMtoolman
03-22-2013, 07:51 PM
I think you must be using a set that should fit a smaller diameter case. I have three or four sets of shell head holders of different sizes, and if the right ones are used they don't make any marks on the shells. I have even machined out a couple of the sets for the odd ball sizes that I load for. Best regards the toolman.

remy3424
03-22-2013, 07:59 PM
You could be right....it takes a little finessing to get the them in the jaws...are the optional jaws "small" ends for hornet and the like? Do the jaws have markings on them to tell me which set I have?

1hole
03-22-2013, 08:08 PM
Your "shell holder" is different from common shell holders. Smoothing the corners and sharp edges of the jaws will do no harm and will likely help. You may like to use some powdered graphite on the jaws so they can slide easily but not collect grit/dust.

.22-10-45
03-22-2013, 11:39 PM
Have you tried adjusting the pointed jaw-adjusting pin on the underside of press..this adjusts the amount the jaws open.

remy3424
03-23-2013, 08:50 PM
toolman, you nailed it, I took the jaws out and they have "LS" on them....the optional jaws! I will be ordering the originals now. Thanks! Just checked Midway....out of stock! I will place a WTB thread for a set.