PDA

View Full Version : Need help with old saeco bottom pour pot

USMC87
03-22-2013, 05:30 PM
I have an old saeco bottom pout pot that I got the other day, I took it apart and cleaned it up real good. I cast today using it and man talk about drips alot, I had to pour the remainder of the pot in ingot molds because the dripping was so bad. Can anybody give me some sort of idea how to fix this good old pot? I really want to keep it and use it if I can fix it.

Iron Mike Golf
03-22-2013, 06:48 PM
Make sure the spout is well cleaned. A bit of crud that does not melt at casting temps can give you drips.

Also, you can lap the tip of the metering rod and it's "socket" in the spout using valve lapping compound. Do it by hand and not using a power drill. That will give you tight fit.

lukasboy
03-27-2013, 11:25 PM
My saeco dripped a little also, after my agitation I tapped it slightly with a hammer, no more drips.

ReloaderFred
03-28-2013, 11:51 AM
What lukasboy said. Clean both the spout and the stopper rod tip, and then if it still drips, tap it lightly with a small hammer. My Master Caster was doing the same thing, and I had lead everywhere, even after cleaning the spout and stopper. I finally just sat back and looked at it drip, and then got the bright idea that maybe there was something that wasn't coming out in the cleaning. A couple of light taps on the top of the stopper rod cured the problem.

Hope this helps.

Fred