PDA

View Full Version : I think the Gougers are getting edgey...

Pages : 1 [2]

Love Life
04-03-2013, 10:45 AM
Didn't know if I would post this or not but WTH. I ran into my "friend" today and the price has dropped to $55.00X1000, "Are you interested in any?"

I sat there for a second, thinking I missed something then mentioned the phone call. I ended the conversation with a rather "tactful" nope. Thinking the entire time that the schmuck can't even remember the first time he tried his song and dance on me.:roll:

Tell your friend I'll offer him $36.00 per 1,000 for half his stock. Cash money.

Dorf
04-03-2013, 11:46 AM
Beginning to sound as if there may be a big "Spring Sale" in the near future as shelves get restocked in the big box stores. Hhhhmmmm. :-)

Bad Water Bill
04-03-2013, 12:03 PM
Tell your friend I'll offer him $36.00 per 1,000 for half his stock. Cash money.

Now you STOP that. I put my bid in last week for $10.00 per K.

You sir are feeding the fires of inflation.:kidding:

Love Life
04-03-2013, 12:04 PM
I withdraw my offer. Now where are them cougars at?

Bad Water Bill
04-03-2013, 12:23 PM
Soon as that gouger shows up to collect on my bid YOU and I will GREET him with a couple of your MILITARY grade socks and a FULL bar of Fels-Naptha Heavy Duty Laundry Soap inside.

It was a GREAT convincer when I was in BOOT CAMP.:bigsmyl2:

Bad Water Bill
04-03-2013, 12:42 PM

As far as the COUGARS go, check Todays random facebook photo #1083 and see the BEST OF THE BEST. The top and bottom photos.

bbs70 RISKED LIFE AND LIMB to capture those prize photos.

SlippShodd
05-08-2013, 08:10 PM
My post #85 in this thread required an edit, a correction, and an apology, so I'm bumping this thread back to the top.

mike

762 shooter
05-09-2013, 07:35 AM
As I have stated before.

Life doesn't owe you a consistent supply of ANYTHING.

Get Real.

280Ackley
05-09-2013, 08:57 AM

Don't have much personal experience, but I hear that the bars in Aspen are a good place to look.

JesterGrin_1
05-09-2013, 01:48 PM
Well I think the price of AR Mags should be at before craziness prices or close to it. I got my shipment in from Brownells yesterday. Do not get excited it was only 10 PMags to replace my factory early 70's ones lol.

fatelk
05-10-2013, 01:40 AM
As to overpriced primers; I bought a couple bricks of primers a couple years ago, after the last big scare had wound down. I think I paid $25/k, but the funny thing was when I noticed that the price tag was stuck over several other price tags. I peeled off the $25 tag to find a $30 tag, then a $35 tag, and so on until the bottom tag that was $50 IIRC. I just thought it was kind of funny.

JesterGrin_1
05-10-2013, 02:12 AM
I am Sure it would not be funny to those that spent the $50.00 per K though.

runfiverun
05-10-2013, 02:19 AM
mags are down, i got a text from a gunshow with boxes of p-mags at 12 or 14$$.
i'm still watching.
powder rolls in about every three months and 22 bullets pop up here and there.
i looked at a bunch of sr/sp cci primers a bit back at 36.00 a brick.
i think that is going to be close to the new price.
no i didn't buy any.

bgoff_ak
05-10-2013, 03:29 AM
Whew, I just read through all of those posts... it was hit and miss there for a bit, I thought for a second that the world had gone crazy... cops with out of donuts, old folks with out jell-o, riots in the street. wasn't rock and roll supposed to ruin America back in the day? have not children always listened to "that" music way to loud. women voting, all men equal... what ever happened to old guys widdling and rocking... baseball... talking about the weather...
as for the gouge - let'em it really is the American way... prices are not what it costs to make an item its what people will pay. diamonds are $1.35 worth of carbon. if you were lucky like me you had a stockpile. it doesn't make me smart just lucky... i knew i'd get lucky one day with 2 years of food 3 years of ammo and a tin foil hat on my head and underwear ( cell phone signals ). i don't often like to be that guy, but i sure hope your friend gets stuck with all those primers... and every one else that bought a $1000 AR for $3000. god bless capitalism, and red meat, cold beer, good looking women ( fade to mumble )

starmac
05-10-2013, 03:35 AM
Old guys widdling, cmon now. lol

JesterGrin_1
05-10-2013, 03:38 AM
Starmac hey there must be some truth to Whittling as they even make Whittling knives lol. Must be some basis to it lol. :)

But Darn it just when I was thinking about starting to load for the .223 or even get a .223 the world went flat NUTS lol. And thus I do not have a Single Small Rifle Primer. But I can wait.

But as said at least I have some Mags lol. :)

bgoff_ak
05-10-2013, 03:51 AM
I cut myself bad widdling when I was a kid... figured I wasn't old enough.

Love Life
05-10-2013, 10:51 AM
Hot women and cougars all in one thread. Now where are the rich cougars?

starmac
05-10-2013, 12:57 PM
Them widdling old guys have them tied up. lol

Love Life
05-10-2013, 12:58 PM
That can't be true. Cougars are after younger men, not them old folks whittling on the porch...

starmac
05-10-2013, 01:27 PM
I didn't say whittling, I said widdling (not 100% sure what that is, but them cougars might know). lol

Bucking the Tiger
05-10-2013, 07:46 PM
Free enterprise is one thing, but IMHO any person that willfully takes advantage of another person is not a very nice soul. But then again if the people wouldn't pay the price they wouldn't be able to sell the stuff. So what do we have here ? the chicken and the egg thing ?
It's there right to sell and someones right to buy, but I just don't like how some as in many choose to make there money. Just say-in.
You are so right, gray wolf! It is a sorry day when the speculators buy vast hordes of ammo, components,etc.. to make money off of shooters. The worst speculators are the ones that shoot!( Profiteering!) Then everyone starts amateur hording( where's all the .22lr?) Making money off of the misery or need of others is a soul robbing pit called greed. Supply and demand are one thing, speculation is another.

P.K.
05-10-2013, 11:31 PM
Sorry BUCK but I just got a few mags at mucho leeeeeees than you mentioned,,,,,,Local too!

P.K.
05-10-2013, 11:35 PM
You are so right, gray wolf! It is a sorry day when the speculators buy vast hordes of ammo, components,etc.. to make money off of shooters. The worst speculators are the ones that shoot!( Profiteering!) Then everyone starts amateur hording( where's all the .22lr?) Making money off of the misery or need of others is a soul robbing pit called greed. Supply and demand are one thing, speculation is another.

How many $$$ ARE YOU trying to abscond with? Serriously are you an oportunist?

Love Life
05-11-2013, 01:08 AM
Huh!?

JesterGrin_1
05-11-2013, 01:47 AM
Huh!?

I have no idea lol.

Bad Water Bill
05-11-2013, 02:46 AM
:groner::groner:

Looks like we found a new TROLL.:evil:

Bucking the Tiger
05-11-2013, 07:00 AM
Hey fellas, I am sorry about butting in the conversation. I am no troll. Just new to this sight and wanting to know more about all of this.
The last few months have been frustrating with stuff I always took for granted being in stock just gone. I have seen ammo scares before, but even moulds have gotten hard to find.
P.K. , I am happy to say I have not made any money off this recent crisis.I do get on my soap box occasionally. I apologize if I have offended anyone.

Love Life
05-11-2013, 11:16 AM
I didn't find what you typed as bad, Bucking the Tiger. I just have no clue what P.K. was referring to. That is where my loud and boisterous HUH!? was directed at, lol.

Jeez I can't believed I typed LOL. Anywho, has anybody seen them cougars that were mentioned? I know they're not after Bill...

white eagle
05-11-2013, 11:28 AM
When the bottom falls out and he can not feed his greedy family now living in a cardboard box I MIGHT offer $10.00 per K if I am feeling generous that day.

Otherwise learn your lesson and eat beans.

what he said

TXGunNut
05-11-2013, 12:49 PM
I'm too old for the cougars, whittling is messy and it seems I missed the chance to do some profiteering during this "shortage" so I guess I'll go break in my new mould.
Timing the ammo/component market is much like timing the stock or commodities market, only good thing about the ammo market is that with ammo or components you can at least shoot up what you're stuck with when demand subsides. If you paid inflated prices in the hopes of gouging then hopefully you learned something.

snaketail
05-11-2013, 12:52 PM
Went to Bass Pro yesterday (Phoenix) They had .22 on the shelves. Not a lot and it was all Remington, but it was the first I've seen in a long while.

bgoff_ak
05-11-2013, 09:46 PM
I'm too old for the cougars, whittling is messy and it seems I missed the chance to do some profiteering during this "shortage" so I guess I'll go break in my new mould.

oh come on you can always find a cougar, you just need to dial your elevation a little bit lower ( you can normally leave the windage ) I suppose that’s why every ones DOPE on their rifle is different. at least your not in Alaska thats when the POA / POI gets really off !

gunfan
05-11-2013, 10:13 PM
The "gougers" can suffer for their greed.

Tough titty.

Scott

Love Life
05-12-2013, 12:16 PM
Why do we keep drifting the thread away from the subject of hot, older, rich women looking or younger men? I reckon among this group I may be one of the youngest!!

More for me...

Swamp Man
05-12-2013, 01:13 PM
Alright guys mellow out a bit take a few breaths of fresh air and go look at Midway rimfire ammo listings lots of Fed,CCI & Agu showing up.

9.3X62AL
05-12-2013, 01:19 PM
Why do we keep drifting the thread away from the subject of hot, older, rich women looking or younger men? I reckon among this group I may be one of the youngest!!

More for me...

Well, many of us may already have that venue of our lives handled nicely, and do not crave the *adventure* of "doubling down" on a very good bet. Besides, I'm married to a Spanish lady of Catalan extraction, and their fondness for edged weapons of all sorts is a historic fact--from Buck folders to Salamanca broadswords. They do not respond well to insult or disrespect, and their idea of a national pastime is The Inquisition.

onceabull
05-12-2013, 02:39 PM
In my experience,Allens' situational analysis is consistent with reality..During my first 12 + years here, I had the privilege and honor of toiling in a neighborhood during where the Basque people were the majority householders. Fate provided me the opportunity to be on their" right side "during my first summer there,and that has served me well even unto today..Get on the wrong side,and, male or female,you are moving in harms way... Onceabull