PDA

View Full Version : James Bond gangsta

Junior1942
03-21-2013, 04:13 PM
The new James Bond movie, *Quantum of Solace*, has one scene with James Bond shooting his pistol gangsta style. It was digusting to the max. The movie wasn't much. The plot and characters were hard to follow, and it was fights from beginning to end. Boring, boring.

Blammer
03-21-2013, 05:46 PM
I thought it was a very good movie.

TheGrimReaper
03-22-2013, 10:35 AM
Well, the wife and I rented Skyfall last weekend couldn't watch it for 20 minutes it was so boring.

gunfan
03-22-2013, 10:46 AM
This "gangsta" trash, is just that. The "style" is reminiscent of the ghetto thuggery that developed in Harlem and the south side of Chicago during the 1920's. Drugs, liquor and inarticulate squeals of delight when someone murders someone in a fit revenge or "collecting" either a perceived debt or "righting" a wrong.

Yep, that's "modern" society all right... but the Left doesn't approve of senseless gutter violence, does it?

Scott

Bulldogger
03-22-2013, 12:08 PM
Before everybody starts writing the estate of Albert R. Broccoli and Ian Fleming to complain.... I saw it a few weeks ago, that scene if I recall correctly depicts Bond having just come back from being considered KIA, and he is in terrible physical and emotional condition. He basically attacks the target during his field agent "re-qualification" out of anger because he misses the mark the first couple of shots. So he gets angry and hammers at it. Lousy shooting, and very un-Bondlike. But in context, the poor shooting discipline and anger displayed in this scene fits the storyline at that point of the movie and his character's condition.
Bulldogger

cbrick
03-23-2013, 07:39 AM
The Bond movies have bored me to tears for years and haven't seen any of them for a very long time. The last Bond scene that got my attention was the young lady getting undressed on the boat while Sheena Easton was singing "for your eyes only". :mrgreen:

Rick

Kull
03-23-2013, 10:32 AM
Ya know everyone tends to clown on Pierce, but he was the last guy to play Bond that I thought was a good Bond. Craig for me is right down there at the bottom with Timothy Dalton.

1Shirt
03-23-2013, 11:17 AM
To each his own! I like all of the Bond movies from way back to present----they are entertainment----period.
1Shirt!