PDA

View Full Version : RCBS Cast Bullet Manual #1

BrassMagnet
03-21-2013, 01:44 PM

If you desire this book send an email to the disguised email address "BrassMagnet57 at gmail dot com" and include in the subject line and text of the email "Your Cast Boolit user name wants the RCBS Cast Bullet Manual #1."

Example: "BrassMagnet wants the RCBS Cast Bullet Manual #1"

"I'll take it" does not apply here. Send the email and I will announce in this thread when it is gone. Free to the recipient. You don't need to PIF anything. You don't have to have a "need," just a "want," and this is open to any user of this forum and I will choose who I give this to.

Added 3/22/13
Very few members have expressed an interest so far. This RCBS manual is not the book I would recommend for a person new to cast boolits. It has very little on the "how to's." I would recommend this RCBS manual to someone wanting to cast rifle boolits with an RCBS mould, preferably an older one. For a new boolit caster's first manual, I would recommend any of the Lyman Cast Bullet Reloading Manuals. The newest one includes load data for Lyman, Lee, Saeco, and RCBS moulds. Close to half of the Lyman manuals are article on "How to" and "useful info." As I previously stated, you don't have to be poor or disadvantaged to request this manual. Or should I say "manuals?"
BrassMagnet

3/23/13 Winner Selected.
This was a really tough choice. I was going to give Four away. I could not narrow the list below Five.
The Five winners are:

M-tecs
PS Paul
School of Mines
Shredder
Sweatpea

All of the winners are experienced casters. This makes me feel really bad for all of the applicants which applied looking for a first cast boolit manual to aid them in learning. Because of this, I am trying to negotiate a discount purchase of a book which looks like it would be really suitable for everyone which did not meet my standards for one of these rare and out of print manuals,

BrassMagnet

3/24/13
For all the new casters that did not get a RCBS Cast Bullet Manual #1, I have negotiated a bulk purchase of Joe Brennans CDROM book "CB-BOOK · CAST BULLETS FOR BEGINNER AND EXPERT" and when they arrive, I will collect mailing addresses and mail them out.

BrassMagnet

3/26/13
View post #24 to see who is officially signed up for Joe Brennans CDROM book "CB-BOOK · CAST BULLETS FOR BEGINNER AND EXPERT"

BrassMagnet

3/29/13
To All,

All of the RCBS Cast Bullet Manual #1 were mailed today. I will PM or email tracking info to all where available. I now have the packaging to ship Joe Brennans' CB CDROM when they arrive. I only have eight new caster claimants. There are still twelve more of Joe Brennans' CB CDROM available. I will close this thread out and open a new thread for Joe Brennans' CB CDROM when these five RCBS Cast Bullet Manual #1 books are received by the recipients.

BrassMagnet

Charlie Two Tracks
03-21-2013, 02:09 PM
That is a very nice thing you are doing. Someone will really appreciate that book.

Bo1
03-21-2013, 02:23 PM
VERY nice gift and gesture...

shredder
03-21-2013, 08:17 PM
Yes, this is the type of thing we all should do when we have casting/reloading equipment we no longer need.

03-22-2013, 10:38 PM
A very generous offer, BrassMagnet. I paid $10 for an ebay auctioned, spiral-bound re-print, about two years ago.

This is a nifty manual, in its own right, and is an excellent companion to any of the Lyman manuals.

garym1a2
03-23-2013, 10:46 AM
I would like to have it, but i am not needy. I am willing to put up a Lyman 2 cavity mold for it.

BACKTOSHOOTING
03-23-2013, 10:51 AM
Email sent

1Shirt
03-23-2013, 11:06 AM
It is one of a good many reference books worth having!
1Shirt!

PS Paul
03-23-2013, 11:22 AM
Brass, you da man! I sent a PM on the subject of this section this morning. I have several sections of this manual I've copied and used over the years. It is a terrific treatise on some of the challenges/nuances of loading boolits for use in rifles and I know it will help some of the "journeymen" grow to the level of "Associate Grand Master" of casting!

Here's to keepin' the Spirit of Christmas alive throughout the year!
Paul

PS Paul
03-23-2013, 12:31 PM
PM sent...... Hopefully I can make good use of this and "re-gift" on this section after I've finished reading it-- four or five times over (ha-ha!!!!).
Paul

school of mines
03-23-2013, 02:55 PM
Email Sent!

M-Tecs
03-23-2013, 02:56 PM
E-mail sent. I never knew we had a helping hands section. It's a nice option to the PIF. Very nice offering.

PS Paul
03-23-2013, 03:06 PM
E-mail sent. I never knew we had a helping hands section. It's a nice option to the PIF. Very nice offering.

This helping hands section is new and was started by another fellow (not sure if he wants to take credit publicly or not?) who is a great guy and was instrumental in the "Merry Christmas" giveaway sprees some of us were involved with this past Christmas Season.

It's inception was simply to HELP other forum mebers and some of the folks who are in need but cannot exactly get where they want to be. It's REALLY cool and just goes to show why Castboolits is the single BEST forum on the planet. Period!!

BrassMagnet
03-23-2013, 04:03 PM
3/23/13 Winner Selected.
This was a really tough choice. I was going to give Four away. I could not narrow the list below Five.
The Five winners are:

M-tecs
PS Paul
School of Mines
Shredder
Sweatpea

All of the winners are experienced casters. This makes me feel really bad for all of the applicants which applied looking for a first cast boolit manual to aid them in learning. Because of this, I am trying to negotiate a discount purchase of a book which looks like it would be really suitable for everyone which did not meet my standards for one of these rare and out of print manuals,

BrassMagnet

plmitch
03-23-2013, 04:25 PM
Very nice!

sparkz
03-23-2013, 08:59 PM
Mail sent,
TIA
Patrick

agh, see now I missed it

Bo1
03-23-2013, 10:31 PM
Congratulations to all.... :-)

Sweetpea
03-24-2013, 10:48 AM
Very generous of you, BrassMagnet!

I don't know that I am an experienced caster per se, but I am sure working on it.

I'ts great that we have this site, and from what I can tell, some of the smartest people around that are willing to let us pick their brains!

Brandon

BrassMagnet
03-24-2013, 11:36 AM
For all the new casters that did not get a RCBS Cast Bullet Manual #1, I have negotiated a bulk purchase of Joe Brennans CDROM book "CB-BOOK · CAST BULLETS FOR BEGINNER AND EXPERT" and when they arrive, I will collect mailing addresses and mail them out.

Baryngyl
03-24-2013, 11:50 AM
PM sent...... Hopefully I can make good use of this and "re-gift" on this section after I've finished reading it-- four or five times over (ha-ha!!!!).
Paul
Paul, If your anything like me, you will not want to ever get rid of that book.
I bought mine back in January 20 2003 for $6.25 Shipped off E-bay, I have probably read it 20+ times and every time I read it I seem to learn something new.

Michael Grace

30yrcaster
03-24-2013, 12:00 PM
Wow!! Didn't think that thing was worth anything. I bought mine when it came out (1986), still have it and it looks like new. I also have a Lyman spiral bound Handbook of Bullet Casting with yellow cover and artist drawing of a Sharps on it. It doesn't have a date on it but has a letter that folds out from the President of the company. Maybe it's a first edition also.

BrassMagnet
03-24-2013, 12:08 PM
For some of the older RCBS moulds, it is the source for data. If you use your load manuals from before 1950, it can be very dangerous. The powders listed in them are not the powders we have now, but some have the same names such as Unique!

psychicrhino
03-25-2013, 11:49 AM

@BrassMagnet - I am new to casting, loading and to this site and am currently making my way through Fryxell and Applegate's "From Ingot to Target: A Cast Bullet Guide for Handgunners" I downloaded for free before I start reading the 4th ed. Lyman Manual I just got in from Natchez. I have benefitted from the Helping Hands already and am very grateful to everyone on the forum. I know it is hard financially for some folks right now, and even hard to find some things even if you have the money. Being new to reloading I really don't have anything to offer here though I very much like to keep karmic scales in balance as much as possible. All that being said, (please forgive me if I am way out of line in asking) is there any chance you would sell me a copy, and consider letting me ride on your coat-tails and financially sponser a couple other copies?

BrassMagnet
03-25-2013, 09:09 PM
All that being said, (please forgive me if I am way out of line in asking) is there any chance you would sell me a copy, and consider letting me ride on your coat-tails and financially sponser a couple other copies?

Please wait until you are established. I have been competing with rifle and pistol for more than twentyfive years. I have received a lot of aid, support, and coaching over the years and it is clearly my turn to be giving back to the hobby, sport, and right.

I have purchased 20 copies and Joe was gracious enough to give me a significant discount. So far, I have eight requests. They are:

1. para82 2. sparkz 3. GLW 4. Backtoshooting 5. Bo1 6. PhysicRhino 7. NewbieDave007
8. M Hicks

20 copies are available! You Snooz and You Lose!

BrassMagnet
03-29-2013, 01:28 PM
To All,

All of the RCBS Cast Bullet Manual #1 were mailed today. I will PM or email tracking info to all where available. I now have the packaging to ship Joe Brennans' CB CDROM when they arrive. I only have eight new caster claimants. There are still twelve more of Joe Brennans' CB CDROM available. I will close this thread out and open a new thread for Joe Brennans' CB CDROM when these five RCBS Cast Bullet Manual #1 books are received by the recipients.

BrassMagnet

M-Tecs
04-01-2013, 11:50 PM
Got the RCBS Cast Bullet Manual #1 today. Thanks again!!!!!!!!

kaysay11b
04-03-2013, 12:39 PM
BrassMagnet I have sent you an email please let me know if you have received it.

BrassMagnet
04-03-2013, 08:52 PM
I have purchased 20 copies of Joe Brennans' Cast bullets for the Beginner and Expert CDROM and Joe was gracious enough to give me a significant discount. So far, I have twelve requests. They are:

1. para82 2. sparkz 3. GLW 4. Backtoshooting 5. Bo1 6. PhysicRhino 7. NewbieDave007
8. M Hicks 9. kaysay11b 10. Cag40Navy 11. Vtnam68 12. Lizard333

20 copies are available! You Snooz and You Lose![/QUOTE]

The 20 copies are here and they could ship as early as Friday! You Snooz and You Lose!

Sweetpea
04-03-2013, 10:45 PM
I received the book in the mail... thank you much!!!

Brandon

sparky45
04-03-2013, 10:50 PM
I to would like a copy, how do I apply?

BrassMagnet
04-04-2013, 08:11 PM
I have purchased 20 copies of Joe Brennans' Cast bullets for the Beginner and Expert CDROM and Joe was gracious enough to give me a significant discount. So far, I have thirteen requests. They are:

8. M Hicks 9. kaysay11b 10. Cag40Navy 11. Vtnam68 12. Lizard333 13. Sparky45

The 20 copies are here and they could ship as early as Friday! You Snooz and You Lose![/QUOTE]

Glock Junkie
04-04-2013, 09:06 PM
I would like to have a copy also. Its a very generous thing you are doing for the community! Thank You!

gamedog53
04-04-2013, 09:46 PM
BrassMagnet you are the man. Thanks for helping out...

BrassMagnet
04-04-2013, 09:57 PM
I have purchased 20 copies of Joe Brennans' Cast bullets for the Beginner and Expert CDROM and Joe was gracious enough to give me a significant discount. So far, I have fifteen requests. They are:

14. Gamedog53 15. Glock Junkie

They could ship to you as early as Friday or Saturday! I have no addresses for four of you!

BrassMagnet

MBTcustom
04-04-2013, 10:43 PM
I would like to sign up my friend in need for a copy of this CD. Thanks!

BrassMagnet
04-04-2013, 11:08 PM
I have purchased 20 copies of Joe Brennans' Cast bullets for the Beginner and Expert CDROM and Joe was gracious enough to give me a significant discount. So far, I have seventeen requests. They are:

14. Gamedog53 15. Glock Junkie 16. GoodSteel's Friend in Need
17. Pb Burner 18. Timbuck 19. Beanflip 20. Tonyb

They could ship to you as early as Friday or Saturday! I have no addresses for four of you!

Wake Up! They are going fast!

BrassMagnet

4/6/13
All 20 are on the way.
BrassMagnet

Pb Burner
04-05-2013, 01:57 AM
I'd love to have a copy of the cdrom book. Email sent! Thanks brassmagnet for "giving back".

tonyb
04-06-2013, 12:21 PM
Email sent, thank you Charles

BrassMagnet
04-06-2013, 12:40 PM
All Gone!

gamedog53
04-08-2013, 08:06 PM
Mine arrived today. Thanks BrassMagnet. When I'm finished reading it through I will follow your lead and pass it along so someone can use it.

BrassMagnet
04-08-2013, 08:40 PM
Please just save it for a reference!

Bored1
04-15-2013, 10:05 PM
Got my cd in the mail this afternoon. THANKS A TON!!!!