PDA

View Full Version : Colorado new gun laws

Denver
03-21-2013, 11:18 AM
Looks like Governor Hoopenlikker signed his retirement papers yesterday. Today Magpul has announced it will begin the process of leaving the state. That means some 200 jobs lost. :x

300winmag
03-21-2013, 11:27 AM
I would like to see this recall work, and kick that SOB out of his office. I am in OH. I called his office, sent letters, and voted the polls. Hope it helps. Good luck to the people in CO.

cbrick
03-22-2013, 07:14 AM
I sent the following to Colorado.com

Four of us had a hunting trip planned for Colorado next fall. We estimated the cost for the four of us at 10-12 thousand dollars. Thanks to Colorado's new anti Constitution stand on the Second Amendment we have cancelled the trip. Perhaps you can explain to Colorado business's (motels, restaurants, gas, outfitters etc.) why we are rescheduling everything for a trip to Wyoming. I am sure they will be grateful and thank your Governor for his wisdom.

Rick K.

Denver
03-22-2013, 10:07 AM
I sent the following to Colorado.com

Four of us had a hunting trip planned for Colorado next fall. We estimated the cost for the four of us at 10-12 thousand dollars. Thanks to Colorado's new anti Constitution stand on the Second Amendment we have cancelled the trip. Perhaps you can explain to Colorado business's (motels, restaurants, gas, outfitters etc.) why we are rescheduling everything for a trip to Wyoming. I am sure they will be grateful and thank your Governor for his wisdom.

Rick K.

Good for you. I don't know what percentage of license sales are from out of state hunters, but I know it is large. Far more of the sales are to non residents than to residents. Also the money spent within the state and local communities is huge. I quit going when they doubled the fees and went to a draw system for deer and elk.

wch
03-22-2013, 10:33 AM
Money is what they understand, money is the only thing that will impact their mercenary brains.
Screw 'em.

tomme boy
03-22-2013, 12:34 PM
Have a friend that goes out there with his father every year. They both hunt for Elk. His father retired back in Dec. and they were out there last month looking for a house in the mountains so he could retire there. Guess what?? He will not be buying a house or hunting there anymore. He planned on at least a place for 200K-250K for the house. They sent a letter also. Telling they would not buy if he signs the bill.

Oh well, I'm sure another state will want his $

popper
03-22-2013, 01:21 PM
Years of vacationing in Co. There was a saying about the locals, the only thing they liked about Texans was green. Guess what? No more.

Freightman
03-22-2013, 01:50 PM
Use to deliver to Colorado they hated us but couldn't get what they needed from anywhere in state. Said we wish all Texans would stay home! Well guess they will get there wish!

gkainz
03-22-2013, 03:15 PM
I heard a rumor that Chickenplucker was promised Secretary of Commerce seat in a couple of years for being a good lapdog...
I'll set a reminder to check back on this thread in two years and update the validity of that rumor

rockrat
03-22-2013, 03:33 PM
Thanks to everyone for staying away and letting them know why. Money and votes are all they care about. Tell everyone you know, to stay away too. Hurt the *&^%$ where they will notice.

If Magpul changes their suppliers, it will probably cost about 700 jobs. Hopefully, they will move to Cheyenne and the people that work there now, will just commute. They will then get paid out of state wages and won't have to pay Colorado income tax then.

shooter93
03-22-2013, 05:42 PM
I'm hopeful but it won't suprise me if he keeps his job in the next election.

TXGunNut
03-22-2013, 10:59 PM
Too many folks from Kalifornia moved to Kolorado, it seems. Big metro areas are full of libs much like many other big metro areas.

jmort
03-22-2013, 11:05 PM
^ Right and add a whole lot of illegals and you have a devolving mess.

xs11jack
03-22-2013, 11:17 PM
Cbrick, send that same message to the newspapers in the area where you were going to hunt and let the people know what the government is costing them.
Jack

wgr
03-22-2013, 11:30 PM
the only reason i go there is my son is stationed there.

waksupi
03-23-2013, 12:02 AM
When you contact them point out it isn't just your personal hunting dollars that are being lost. It is a loss to the merchants in the area, and ultimately, a loss to the F&G budget, leaving them a lot fewer game management options.

Adam10mm
03-23-2013, 12:22 AM
When you contact them point out it isn't just your personal hunting dollars that are being lost. It is a loss to the merchants in the area, and ultimately, a loss to the F&G budget, leaving them a lot fewer game management options.
Be sure to mail them a copy of the receipts for the money you spent on the trip as well.

tmax64
03-23-2013, 09:39 AM
I'd bet a dollar to a dog t*rd and hold the stakes in my teeth as my daddy would have said that Mayor Bloomberg of NYC has already paid Hickenlooper off and guaranteed funding for any national election ambitions. Hicky is creating quite a legacy so far:
1. gun control
2. civil unions
3. legalized pot
4. removed adultery laws from the books

La Dano
03-23-2013, 10:00 AM
I lived in Longmont Co back in '88-'89. There was a huge rush for Californians to move there back then, well the quack scared them East anyway. Here in Louisiana, we have some of the friendliest gun laws in effect. Ain't the "Sportsmans Paradise" for nothing.

popper
03-23-2013, 10:24 AM
And recognizing gay marriage starting May 1.

TXGunNut
03-23-2013, 10:30 AM
Mebbe so, Dano, but you have lib folks in Nawlens and we have Austin, Houston and Dallas leaning left pretty consistently. States like ours have to remain vigilant and make sure this silliness doesn't get a foothold in the state legislatures.
Back to CO I'm afraid the areas most affected by out of state sportsmens' $'s already get it; they're as frustrated as we are, likely moreso.

HATCH
03-23-2013, 10:53 AM
Heard mag pul may move to SC. That would be nice.

On another note...they have something planned...

gkainz
03-23-2013, 12:34 PM
I just read they have a multi-location plan in the works.