PDA

View Full Version : New from Hornady light strips 14.79

300winmag
03-21-2013, 11:04 AM
http://www.hornady.com/store/Lock-N-Load-Light-Strip

dilly
03-21-2013, 04:57 PM
Isn't this something inline fabrications already offered?

375supermag
03-23-2013, 07:36 PM
Hi...

I bought one of these LED light strips at a LGS today. $16.79 retail...no shipping charge and I got it right now.

I attached it temporarily to my RockChucker with tie-raps until I am sure I am pleased with its location.
Even with overhead fluorescents and a task light above the bench, a bright light directly above the press ram can't be a bad thing.
I mounted it on the front of the press facing toward the ram to avoid that bright light shining directly in my eyes when I double-check a case for powder as I am seating a bullet.

As a first impression, I believe it is a worthwhile addition.

Racenviper
03-23-2013, 09:02 PM
I bought the Inline lights. They have two lenghts for the LNL. I have not mounted the yet, as I'm waiting the weather to warm up in the garage.

Case Stuffer
03-28-2013, 11:39 PM
An alternate which works great for me.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?193055-Let-there-be-light-CH-Auto-Champ

Wildcat66
10-03-2013, 11:36 AM
Just purchased mine last week and found the adhesive severely lacking.

I want to attach this strip to my Dillon 550B.

Any suggestions on a substitute adhesive?

Nicik

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
10-03-2013, 04:22 PM
These are just a copy of Inline Fabrications good idea. Hornady will probably use their buying power to offer these at a lower cost, thereby taking the business from the guy who had the original idea.

That said, I notice Hornady's version does NOT offer an on/off switch like the Inline Fabrications unit does. My recommendation is to stick with Inline Fabrications. Their customer response is superior to Hornady's. When I wanted a ergonomic roller handle for my RCBS, I contacted the Online Fabrications owner. He designed, built, sold one to me, then put them for sale on his website. Best response in the business. I can't recommend him enough.

High quality and innovative products.