PDA

View Full Version : Buying Jeans

B R Shooter
03-20-2013, 01:18 PM
I've been getting my jeans from Costco. Very good price and believe it or not, the fabric holds up better than Carhart jeans. At 13 bucks a pop, hard to beat. But, they have stopped offering the leg length I use, so I'm out of luck.

So where do others get their jeans, at a good price?

375RUGER
03-20-2013, 01:25 PM
walcrap, chinacrap, whatever it's called now, less than $20. Since my wife does most of the shopping she keeps an eye out for 36" inseam, they usually don't have very many on the shelf.

DHurtig
03-20-2013, 01:30 PM
I get most of mine at Walmart. I like the jeans, but the pocket material is very thin and wears out long before the jeans do. Really scored at a yard sale last summer and got 6 pair of almost new Lee and Rustlers for 50 cents a pair.

Charlie Two Tracks
03-20-2013, 02:07 PM
I've been getting mine at Cabellas on line. They are Caribou Creek jeans. Every year or so, I get a flier on my email about a sale. I would get 10 pair at a time. It has been a little over a year now so I don't know if they are selling them still or not. Good jeans.

plmitch
03-20-2013, 03:21 PM
L.L. Bean and the Levis outlet, solid quality at a good price.

wch
03-20-2013, 03:43 PM
Wrong inseam? Wornout pockets?
Fellas, find a seamstress!

Stork
03-20-2013, 05:30 PM
Not $20 jeans, but 100% made in USA.

http://www.texasjeans.com/category.cfm?parent=men

BD
03-20-2013, 06:54 PM
Stork, how big are the pockets on those Texas jeans? Will the J-frame fit comfortably and draw well? I've been buyer Members Mark from Sams Club for years. Comfortable with good size front pockets, but lately they're not holding up as well. Levis, Dickies and Wranglers have pockets that are too tight. Hard to draw and in a month they wear lighter, "printing" the pistol.
BD

Doc Highwall
03-20-2013, 07:13 PM
I bought some at Tractor Supply for $10.00 a pair.

longshot1154
03-20-2013, 07:58 PM
I buy the utility jeans from Tractor Supply. Used to only wear Levi's but I can get two pair of the utility jeans for the price of the Levi's I was buying.

xacex
03-20-2013, 08:56 PM
Man, my jeans make my *** look like I took a dump in them. I didn't know until someone took a video of me from the back side. The levi's are fine, so are the lee's, but the Rustlers got to go...I guess that's what I get for being a cheap bastid.

elginrunner
03-20-2013, 09:03 PM
I'm lucky, my wife makes mine. She's been sewing for years, and I got her to take a online sewing class just to learn about jeans. Boy, or Boy, There is absolutely nothing like a pair of tailor fitted jeans!!

Oh and the best thing is, the thread and material is the only cost... usually less than $10

DeanWinchester
03-20-2013, 09:12 PM
My wife only buys me top shelf, high profile jeans. Levi Strauss, Tommy Hilfiger, ....I don't know some of them but they are very pricey.......she never pays more than $7-$8 per pair. GoodWill!!! Bring 'em home, a scoop of Tide and Gain softner and they are good as new. For the price of one new pair, I can get 8-10x as many pairs.

You have to be patient to find higher quality stuff but IMHO only a fool would buy new ones for the kind of money they demand.

Locally, we have a Goodwill right outside a very wealthy community. Needless to say, they gots lots of good stuff!!! Nothing in my closet is cheapo. All big name stuff and my wife shops till she finds it at the Goodwill for cheap. Damn a bunch of $50-$75 per pair or cheapo jeans that turn your underwear from dye fading.

Mal Paso
03-20-2013, 09:31 PM
Lee are good quality and the only ones that fit me. Kohl's sales are usually under $20/pair and I buy enough to get free shipping.

Tall skinny guys don't fair well at Costco or Goodwill. My ex would bring home Great Shirts from GW ........ all 2 inches too short.

texassako
03-20-2013, 09:40 PM
Jeans just are not what they used to be. I have 2 year old pairs of Levi's falling apart, but others 10+ that are only slightly worn. You can feel the weight difference. It has been Goodwill and cheap utility brands since then.

MtGun44
03-20-2013, 09:53 PM
Costco is antigun. Corporate policy, NO CCW. Not posted, but if they find out
they will ask you to leave. No open carry at all, even in open carry friendly states.

Bill

TXGunNut
03-20-2013, 10:49 PM
Cabelas, catch them on sale. Hope the next sale is pretty soon, need a few pair. Tractor supply has good jeans but they have cheap ones too. Hard to catch the good ones on sale.