PDA

View Full Version : single cavity moulds with Master Caster

doulos
03-20-2013, 09:43 AM
Is anyone using single cavity moulds with a Master Caster?
I assume the orifice plate has to be changed to do so. How hard is it to do?
Also is there anyone on this board who converts moulds to use on a Master Caster?

mktacop
03-20-2013, 10:23 AM
I don't have a single cavity mold or orifice plate, BUT I do know changing the orifice plate out isn't very difficult. It is held in place by 2 bolts that are removed with an allen wrench. Changing the plate when the lead is hot can be touchy, but is still not hard to do.....you just have to be more careful.

I don't know of anyone who does conversions, but maybe someone else who can point you in the right direction.

HATCH
03-20-2013, 11:12 AM
when you factor in the cost of the sprue plate, keys and hardware it isn't much more to just send the mold off to magma to get done.

doulos
03-20-2013, 01:01 PM
when you factor in the cost of the sprue plate, keys and hardware it isn't much more to just send the mold off to magma to get done.
is the turn around for Magma to convert a mold long?

ReloaderFred
03-20-2013, 03:25 PM
It all depends on their workload at the time. They, like everyone else in the business, are swamped at the present time. The sooner you get it in, and get a place in line, the sooner you'll get it back.

I would certainly call them on the phone, though. They will be able to quote a price and give an estimate of time.

Hope this helps.

Fred