PDA

View Full Version : Hey Roger, I won a match with the M/L you made......

oldracer
03-19-2013, 07:02 PM
Here is the proof. I won the small target shoot and was third after a shoot off in the steel portion!

Hamish
03-19-2013, 07:36 PM
Details man, details! (more pictures too!)

oldracer
03-19-2013, 10:52 PM
Damm, I did it again, in the wrong forum! I guess I am getting old for sure! If the admins can move this to the muzzle loader forum I would appreciate it very much! I posted some pictures of the rifle when I bought it last year if you search for posts with my name "oldracer".

johnson1942
03-20-2013, 08:48 AM
thanks oldracer for the post. i forgot how pretty that gun is. thats a good barrel on it also, from the oregon rifle barrel co in the old days. thanks again, you made my day. roger

newton
03-20-2013, 12:39 PM
Yep, you got to post more pictures and more detail.

oldracer
03-20-2013, 06:14 PM
Hey we are in the right forum now.....I guess I did not take any pictures as I thought I had so I'll take several this week. Here is a link to Roger's website and so far the rifle has performed way better than I can shoot it!

http://www.pineridgeblackpowder.com/

rhbrink
03-21-2013, 05:52 AM
Tell us about the target did you shoot it offhand? Bench? Distance? Boolit? Powder? Inquiring minds want to know?

RB

newton
03-21-2013, 11:21 AM
Roger does great work. Superb guy personally also. Can't tell you how much respect I have for a guy I have not even met face to face.

oldracer
03-21-2013, 05:20 PM
I use pure lead home cast round balls, lightly coated with Lee liquid lube only so the lead does not oxidize size is 0.495. I use pillow ticking patches that are lightly coated with lube and are sized so they are the same size as commercial 50 cal round patches. I have no idea how thick they are? I use 70 gn of Goex FFG dumped through a funnel/tube and I wipe wet/dry between each shot. I use Winchester 209 primers and get a great ignition.

The target is shot off hand at 25 yards and we use open or buckhorn type sights.

When I bought the gun the length of pull was too long for me and I had to cut off about 1.5 inches of stock so I made a new butt plate that matched the original and drilled the stock and added enough lead w/ epoxy so the gun balances exactly where my thumb rests when holding it off hand.

johnson1942
03-22-2013, 01:36 PM
ned roberts said a benchrest tests the gun and offhand test the man, "good job"