PDA

View Full Version : Silly computer DVD/CD error

Patrick L
08-20-2007, 09:21 AM
Any suggestions here? I just bought Handloader Magazines Bullet Casting Collection CD. Actually its a DVD, and thats the problem. My computer doesn't have a DVD rom, just a CD rom. Is there anything I can do to view it?

I'm a bit embarrased that I didn't notice this before I ordered it. I actually didn't give it a thought, since I bought one of the American Rifleman CDs and it plays fine on my computer.

44man
08-20-2007, 09:27 AM
Try the DVD player on the TV if you have one. They won't play in a CD player. Get a DVD player for your computer, they will play both and don't cost much.

454PB
08-20-2007, 11:30 AM
I just ordered a new Sony CD/DVD writable drive to replace the bad one in my daughter's computer. It was $29 plus $8 shipping.

Scrounger
08-20-2007, 01:07 PM
Any suggestions here? I just bought Handloader Magazines Bullet Casting Collection CD. Actually its a DVD, and thats the problem. My computer doesn't have a DVD rom, just a CD rom. Is there anything I can do to view it?

I'm a bit embarrased that I didn't notice this before I ordered it. I actually didn't give it a thought, since I bought one of the American Rifleman CDs and it plays fine on my computer.

I have one. Send it to me and I will make CD copies for you.

melw
08-20-2007, 09:37 PM
Patrick
I have a DVD rom drive I can spare.
You have a PC right?
If you want it pm me your address and I will get out to you.
Mel W.

Patrick L
08-21-2007, 10:04 AM
Thanks for the offers guys. I think I'll see about copying them at work.

I'm so not with it computer-wise I didn't even know you can do that.

joatmon
08-22-2007, 10:57 PM
I've got the 2006 handloaders on dvd from wolf and it wont open with the tv dvd player.