PDA

View Full Version : 16" Win M94 in .45LC is inbound!

Poohgyrr
08-19-2007, 11:37 PM
Finally decided on the next Lever! An email popped up today, dangling the bait under my nose. And I swallowed the hook. :drinks:

This will be fun, and makes selling some safequeens worthwhile. Have to get brass, and I just realized I may not have dies yet (opps). Will take about two weeks for money and the Gov't waiting period.... Then, with all the time I still don't have, I can load some rounds and go to the range. :Fire:

ebner glocken
08-20-2007, 11:44 AM
You have to wait two weeks for a longarm?.....YIKES

Poohgyrr
08-20-2007, 02:03 PM
Well, a couple days to meet for the $$, and then start the ten business day wait. About two weeks........

Until then :coffee: and [smilie=1:

DanWalker
08-20-2007, 05:12 PM
You're gonna love it.
I bought mine 6 or 7 years ago to use as a hog/deer gun. since then it has piled up quite a few critters, ranging from rattlesnakes and prairie dogs, to feral hogs and whitetails. I now mostly use it as a plinker and camp gun. It sure helps a fella sleep soundly in the bear woods when he's snuggled up next to a rifle stoked with 7 hot loaded 45LC's.(320gr wrngc's over 18.5 grains of 2400)

Heck, I'm even considering using it on a Bison this fall if I don't fill my freezer with deer meat first.

shotstring
08-26-2007, 03:30 AM
You will have to bury my Win 16" 94 in 45LC with me when I die, as that gun is going nowhere! I don't care for the new button safety all that much, but if I gun can deliver the accuracy that this one has, I would put up with almost anything. I was shooting alongside the single shots in a paper silhoutte competition at a special cowboy shoot, and this little gun only missed one turkey in the entire match, and that only by approx 1/8 of an inch.

tanstafl10
08-26-2007, 07:21 AM
I have a 20" and never had a rifle so much fun to shoot!! Have a good time with it.

The sound of those big thin-walled casings hitting the ground.... music to my ears. Have only had it for 3 or 4 years, and it has taken that many deer, too.

you must try steel plates at 50 yards.. just a great rifle to shoot!!!!!