PDA

View Full Version : Alabama residents, contact your state senators on SB286

Garpo
03-18-2013, 09:34 AM
Please contact your state senator and encourage him/her to vote in favor of SB286. IMO, the bill has a pretty good chance of passing but to ensure its passage please follow through with your representative.

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/state-legislation/2013/3/alabama-nra-supported-omnibus-firearms-bill-expected-to-be-on-the-senate-floor-next-week.aspx

Smitty's Retired
03-18-2013, 01:17 PM
Thanks for posting Garpo. And I have already done so. Believe me, I have stayed in tight contact with Mike Rogers, Jeff Sessions, Richard Shelby as well as our Governor concerning all of the issues concerning the 2nd Amendment and firearms ownership. So far they have assured me that they will not support any of the anti-gun legislation. The times I've talked with them, I always tell them to hold to this and make no compromise.

Garpo
03-19-2013, 08:43 AM
Smitty, thank you for your involvement. I hope others in our state are doing the same. I would also like to hear from them.

Rick N Bama
03-19-2013, 02:52 PM
Done & hopefully I wasted my time by sending the email to Dr. Bussman.

This part of the bill may well give us some problems.

•Shifts the current “May Issue” concealed carry permit system to a “Shall Issue” permit system and requires that a sheriff must issue the carry permit within thirty days. Should someone be denied a permit, a written denial must be provided and that applicant would have an opportunity to appear before an appeal panel.

Our Sheriffs like the idea of being able to deny a permit for any reason at all. However as you probably well know not many do as they like the money the permits bring in which they're allowed to do with as they see fit.

Rick

jdam169
03-19-2013, 03:10 PM
Going to make a call today. Thanks for reminding me to do so!

jdam169
03-19-2013, 03:12 PM
On another note I just heard that the dems decided to remove assault weapons ban from the legislation they are trying to pass. Instead it will be voted on as an amendment.