PDA

View Full Version : Sold one of my 45-70 rifles, got a new shooter hooked I think???????????

oldracer
03-17-2013, 10:00 PM
I have gotten so I eally love the muzzle loaders a lot so decided to sell my cartridge gun(s) and yesterday I sold the 1871 Rolling Block to a Garand shooter. He is a retired Navy machinist and competes with the Garands he has, so I included some new cast bullets, a hardwood bullet tray, a 500gn mold, a pound of Goex FFG and a couple boxes of primers. Since this rifle was the one I bought several years ago and got me started, I felt it would be a good idea to pass it along. I went over what else he will need such as blow tube, lead pot, decapper, tumbler, ceramic media, bullet lube and dies for compressing powder and a wad punch. I gave him a bunch of websites for ordering and reference including this one so maybe he'll get hooked? He was amazed at how much seems to be involved but as we figured out, there is not a lot more than what he does now so we'll see?

John Allen
03-17-2013, 10:38 PM
It is hard not to get addicted to old single shots. I bet he will have another pretty soon.