PDA

View Full Version : sticky????????

mike_kaleigh
03-17-2013, 09:17 PM
i was wondering if we could have some of the main guys (ie. longbow's pictures), put together some stickies for the major topics like, round ball loading, lee slug loading, and maybe buckshot or even a favorite recipes section. i sometimes feel like i ask the same questions everyone else has asked but sometimes it is hard to find some of the info in the forum. this forum is nice because you guys don't get upset when new people ask repetive questions but stickies help everyone not just new people.
thanks

429421Cowboy
03-17-2013, 10:02 PM
I see this as a potentially good idea, stickies are a help to us all. I have only just begun to dip my toe into shotgun loading, and it is nowhere as intuitive as metalic cartridge loading. A sticky on slugs and buckshot could clear up alot of questions or make for more focused and straightforward questions to ask, especially since it seems to be very hard to find info on loading slugs or buckshot, heck even detailed info on loading top quality field loads is tough to come by!

doctorggg
03-17-2014, 04:52 PM
I've loaded shotgun shells for many many years with trap and skeet loads. Just getting into buckshot and slugs. A sticky would be very helpful. Searching all the long threads has been very time consuming. And no I don't want it just handed to me. I have manuals but it is very tricky getting the column heights just right. Loaded all afternoon today and 50% were failures just to look at. The other 50% need to be tested. Thanks