PDA

View Full Version : CZ 527 fans, enjoy

DrCaveman
03-17-2013, 08:30 PM
Nice to get some satisfaction at "the range" which in my case is the woods. Also nice to get some confirmation that the writers from Lyman, Lee, etc are not total morons despite the fact that so much of the "wisdom" from their manuals is openly refuted, argued against, rejected, ridiculed and mocked.

The "potentially best accurate load" for the 7.62x39 russian listed by lyman cast bullet handbook #4 turned out to be remarkably accurate, in fact the most accurate cast boolit load I have yet shot (except the 30-06...that sucker is so easy it's boring).

here is 20.5 gr reloder 7 behind gas checked lee tl312-160. Lube was ranch-dog style: light wd40 prior to GC seating and sizing, followed by dip lube with LLA, followed by sizing to remove excess lube. I used a dacron filler in this load too. I think it helped but since I didnt do an A-B comparison im not sure. The group is 5 shots, the small cluster on the left.

I measured this edge to edge at .67" for a group size of .359". this gives MOA of 0.9

finally equaled my best with factory ammo. and this round felt like a real one, not some cat sneeze. Chrono showed 1780 fps average, SD of 16.4 for 4 shots. no more to test.

load is seeming real good. Just wish there was a flatter nose for more hunting damage. Otherwise it should be a peach for small game. especially with the 3-9 power scope.

good shooting and happy st pattys day. raise a pint!

Nobade
03-18-2013, 09:15 AM
For a hunting boolit in that rifle you might try the SAECO #305 (IIRC the number. could be wrong.) But it looks just like a #311041 with a .303" nose and .313" driving bands. Works wonderfully in my 527 at full power, and is a good one for microgroove Marlins as well. BTW, my little CZ likes that Lee boolit too. At 100 yards bullet holes are a fair target and it's not hard to hit them more than half the time.

-Nobade