PDA

View Full Version : Primers and a local gun shop

altheating
03-17-2013, 08:05 AM
I went to a local gun shop the other day, they had lots of primers of all sizes in stock. They were allowing only 200 primers per customer at $5.95 per hundred or, if you were a regular customer you could purchase a 1000 at a time at $49.95. But they had lots of em! And guys were buying. The shop was fully stocked with guns (hand guns and long guns including a few dreaded black guns) Again guys were looking and buying. The only shortage was 22 caliber projectiles. This is the second shop I have been in that was fully stocked. Seems funny, why are others right down to bare shelves? Even our local Gander Mtn. had a pretty good selection except 22 LR.

41 mag fan
03-17-2013, 08:34 AM
To look at it jokingly...look at the state you're from...people are buying up everything in that state before the restrictive gun laws are enacted, so the mfrs are redirecting things to that state first.???!!!

It is weird honestly how someplaces have stuff and other places are dried up so bad they're closing up shop.

koehn,jim
03-17-2013, 10:03 AM
A better explanation is the prices. They will let a regular only spend 49.95 a 1000. Even in California we call that scalping. Most people will not pay inflated prices if they are smart.

runfiverun
03-17-2013, 03:28 PM
it just shows that they are still making and shipping product as fast as they can.
the ummm..... extra 20 dollars a K is just showing what the market will bear at the moment.

Gator 45/70
03-17-2013, 03:42 PM
Friend picked up 2k yesterday at a local shop for about 37.50 + tax came close to 40.00, cci.LR's

Down South
03-17-2013, 05:44 PM
Even at inflated prices, I'd pick up some if my stock level was low. We are all hoping this will pass but to be honest, no one knows for sure. It could get worse.
I'm one of the ones that has a positive atttitude and believes that sooner or later the shortages will cease and prices will come down.
But, I will not let myself run out if I can find what I need for a few extra bucks.

Moonie
03-17-2013, 06:31 PM
My LGS has limited quantities but they are charging their normal prices for powder and primers, when they have them. Starting to get more and more.

garym1a2
03-17-2013, 07:25 PM
Its pretty bad that I can reload 45 acp for less than the cost of 22lr. I have a 22lr upper for my ar15, but with the avalibility of 22lr I can't use it. Its a good thing I still got lots of SR primers and a ton of large pistoel primers.

45sixgun
03-17-2013, 08:19 PM
Even at inflated prices, I'd pick up some if my stock level was low. We are all hoping this will pass but to be honest, no one knows for sure. It could get worse.
I'm one of the ones that has a positive atttitude and believes that sooner or later the shortages will cease and prices will come down.
But, I will not let myself run out if I can find what I need for a few extra bucks.

My sentiments as well.

psychicrhino
03-19-2013, 06:42 PM
Bought a number recently of lr remington primers.I believe it was their standard price of 0.05 ea

dakotashooter2
03-19-2013, 09:12 PM
I still think it is gouging. Think about the amount of raw materials in something like a primer. Think about how much the raw material cost would have to increase to cause a $10 increase in a brick of primers. The price on some materials would probably have to increase 10 fold to account for such an increase................. I doubt that is happening................

LUCKYDAWG13
03-19-2013, 09:16 PM
i was at my LGS today they had lots of primers in stock
$43. K limit one K per day

Down South
03-20-2013, 07:19 AM
I still think it is gouging. Think about the amount of raw materials in something like a primer. Think about how much the raw material cost would have to increase to cause a $10 increase in a brick of primers. The price on some materials would probably have to increase 10 fold to account for such an increase................. I doubt that is happening................
I agree, think about gasoline shortages if you were ever where that took place. If you were out, did you pay the price? I don't agree with gouging and supply and demand comes into play too but someone is making a nice profit.