PDA

View Full Version : Old Redfield Varible power scope -Needs repair

JWFilips
03-16-2013, 07:35 PM
Hi Folks Don't know where else to post this So I will try here.
Does anyone know of anybody that can service an old redfield variable power scope Circa 50's /60's?
She sprung a leak this past hunting season and I guess all the nitrogen bleed out & got totally fogged up internally.
I tried a few places on the internet but no one works on them that I can find. Is it a gonner?

Stonecrusher
03-16-2013, 07:46 PM
There were a couple of companies that repair the older redfields. I believe they are the same guys that used to do the factory warranty work. One is Ironsightinc.com. I can't remember the other. I have no experience with them. I have an old Redfield that the parts are loose inside and checked into getting it repaired, but the turn around time was around 6 months or so and the price was pretty much what you could purchase the same scope for on the used market. At the time Midway was selling Leopold factory seconds at great prices so I bought one of those and put it on the old Model 70.

salpal48
03-16-2013, 07:55 PM
You can Try: Parson scope repair Cincinnati Ohio, Weaver Scope repair El paso Texas. They may be able to help

Beekeeper
03-17-2013, 07:39 PM
Redfield is now owned by Leupold.
Contact Leupold as they have about the greatest repair service in the business.
If you google Redfield scope repair it takes you to Leupold any way.
Give them a try, I have had 3 scopes done with nothing less than as new service when I get them back...
Most repairs on Leupold scopes are free if you are the original owner and that might carry over to the Redfields. Never know until you try!!

beekeeper