PDA

View Full Version : Some real surprises

Freightman
08-17-2007, 07:04 PM
at the range today I got there at 9:00 AM and left at 4:00PM, took my Hakim to try some cast in it. Not good with the LEE KAR boolit 240+g to big to cycle. The 175g LEE was great and I was pushing them at 2000fps, no problems at all. I am not going to use any more of the surplus as when I cleaned the CB loads with IMR 4895 two swipes with Break Free and a clean patch, clean. With the surplus scrub-scrub-scrub. the gas tube and valve was clean. NO LEAD!
I also had my M1 Garand shot a Lyman 170g boolit !00+ of them and no lead there eather and was pushing them about the same as the Hakim, cycled the action also.
For the surprise I had my Zouave 58 cal and wanted to see if I could hit at 200 well it went over the target about 4" I had a military 22 along Romanian I think and had five shells left so I took aim at the top of the target. Not expecting to even come close, went to get the frame to leave and surprise at the POA a 3.5" group of 22 holes. Will have a little more respect for it now.