PDA

View Full Version : RATS! Rem 600 & 700 short not the same?

Bullshop
03-14-2013, 12:04 PM
Rats ! I bought this factory Rem stock from a member here and now I see it wont fit as is.
I have a Rem 600 and the stock is for a 700 short. I thought these would be the same, NOT!
The hole spacing and recoil lug recess is about an inch off.
I have a 700 short so compaired them and see that it fits the stock so the actions must be different length.
I am posting this so anyone that reads it wont make the same mistake I did, that and to chastise everyone for not telling me. It just simply cant be my fault as I am a product of my enviroment (castboolits) so you are all to blame.
OK then since you have accepted responcibility please ask BS Mom if I can buy a new one.

Mk42gunner
03-14-2013, 12:55 PM
Dan,

I'm not real sure, but I think the Model 7 stock might work for the Model 600. From the dim recesses of my memory I think they were both based on the XP-100 action.

Of course the bolt handle relief cuts would be different.

Robert

Bullshop
03-14-2013, 05:41 PM
Thank you for that Mr. Gunner
The rest of you since you are apparently too chicken to aproach BS Mom to request funding for your blunder you will just have to cough up the cash. I aint askin her either because,- see post one - remember its your fault CBs.
Yall think I might need counceling? I am starting to think like a liberal.
Really my plan is to do like in the emerald city, snip snip here tuck tuck there and a couple of la-de-das.
Who was that guy that said, " give me enough acra glass and I can fill in the world" Help Mr. Wizzard!

Love Life
03-14-2013, 07:22 PM
Don't blame us. It was Bush's fault...

flounderman
03-14-2013, 07:24 PM
are you sure that is a short 700 stock? the model 7 bolt doesn't fit the 700, but if there is an inch of difference I'm wondering if you have a long 700 stock. the guard screw spacing on the short is 6.50 and the long is 7.25. according to Dehaas, the trigger was placed further foreward and the bolt may have been moved, but it is supposed to be based on the 722-700 short action. As I remember the trigger guard was different. Dehaas doesn't say the bolt spacings are different and he lists the 600 with the 700s. I doubt you can find a takeoff 600 stock. You could modify a 700 adl short action stock, maybe?

fryboy
03-14-2013, 07:28 PM
ram line makes perhaps the cheapest known 600 stock , several other real stock makers offer unfinished stocks ...i'm kinda of curious as well , my stock isnt the greatest but i love the flat fore end !!
ummm those liberal tendencies .... ??? pretty sure that you musta brought those with you as they seem to be few and far between here ( thus ruining your argument of it's our fault :P )

Bullshop
03-14-2013, 07:53 PM
flounderman
I checked it against a 700 short and it fits. The 600 is just some shorter than the 700 short.
With my gallon of acra glass in hand I can make it work.
fryboy
Thank you for stepping forward and volunteering to ask BS Mom for the money.

nekshot
03-14-2013, 10:05 PM
If yer in it this deep with mom, a dremel and acra glass look purty good!