PDA

View Full Version : encore barrels

bigted
03-14-2013, 07:55 AM
hello all

got the bug to enrich myself with some other barrels for my encore but dont see a lot of choices. can someone direct me to a rich selection of TC as well as the Bergera barrels?

also what do the Bergera barrels have that TC does not? are they worth a spit?

thanks
Ted

Doc_Stihl
03-14-2013, 10:19 AM
There are a few custom makers out there. TC Custom shop is gone with little hope to see it back.
MGM and Bullberry make some really nice barrels.

I haven't heard enough to make an opinion on the Bergera barrels. Never put hands on one.

flipajig
03-14-2013, 10:54 PM
I did some looking into Bergera Barrels and what I found is that you pay for what you get.
Also just like any thing you will find that some like them. All my barrels are made by TC except for one and it's a Bullberry so far all mine will do there part if I do mine I have heard some good things about MGM also.
Gun broker has a good selection and you can find deals on Flebay at times.
Are you looking for one caliber?
I have a 26" stainless 209X50 I would let go if interested PM me.
Flip.

bigted
03-17-2013, 01:25 AM
thanks...mine is a 209x50 so dont need another. looking for a bull barrel .223 ... also a 38-55 win. ... 45-70 gubbermint ... maybe a 22 hornet would be cool. just casting about and looking at what is available.

ill check TC's custom shop if still available and the MGM as well as Bullberry. ill keep a watch on bunguber and flebay.

thanks for the ideas and offers.

tg32-20
03-17-2013, 01:49 AM
bigted,
You might want to check out Ed's T/Cs. edstc.com He has a pretty extensive list of both NIB and used barrels for the encore. Look under "hot deals" on his website, that seems to be his latest list of what is available. He is very good to deal with and responds to any questions you might need to ask. His prices for barrels are very fair and he ships quickly.

CAVEMTNMAN
03-17-2013, 06:59 AM
Check out graybeardoutdoors.com and encoreclassifieds.com, they always have encore barrels for sale.

major257
03-20-2013, 04:55 PM
You can also look at SSK Industries. They are the home of JDJ wildcat cartridges.

Doc Highwall
03-20-2013, 07:53 PM
There is E.A. Brown also.

bdicki
03-20-2013, 08:07 PM
http://www.thompson-barrels.com/products.asp?cat=6760

gsdelong
03-22-2013, 06:05 PM
Don't rule out ebay and gunbroker no hassle with barrels. I like wildcats so.i look for barrel, dies and brass as a single lot. Gsdelong

Iowa Fox
03-22-2013, 10:47 PM
bigted,
You might want to check out Ed's T/Cs. edstc.com He has a pretty extensive list of both NIB and used barrels for the encore. Look under "hot deals" on his website, that seems to be his latest list of what is available. He is very good to deal with and responds to any questions you might need to ask. His prices for barrels are very fair and he ships quickly.

Ed is a great gentleman and a good scouce for TC items. When TC sold out and the custom shop closed Ed bought a ton of inventory. His web site is never, nor has been up to date. Ed is a CPA by profession and this is tax time so he is going to be more difficult to reach by phone which is the only way to reach him. Be patient and keep trying, it will be worth it when you get a hold of him.

wolfe28
03-23-2013, 07:33 AM
Ed is a great gentleman and a good scouce for TC items. When TC sold out and the custom shop closed Ed bought a ton of inventory. His web site is never, nor has been up to date. Ed is a CPA by profession and this is tax time so he is going to be more difficult to reach by phone which is the only way to reach him. Be patient and keep trying, it will be worth it when you get a hold of him.

I must second this. I sent him 3 emails, and never heard back from him, but he answered the phone on the 3rd ring. Good guy, and arguably the best prices on contender and encore barrels.

D

crappie-hunter
03-23-2013, 01:43 PM
Check here

http://www.encoreclassifieds.com/