PDA

View Full Version : Marlin butt plate

Frank46
03-14-2013, 01:31 AM
Took the darn thing off to refinish the wood and now cannot find it. Anyone have a nice one they care to sell?. From my great experience with putting stuff away I figure I'll find it in the next year or so. Still have found the steel lyman sme I put away a few years ago. Thanks Frank

Guesser
03-14-2013, 10:31 AM
They are not all the same, I have 4 Marlin Lever guns and each is unique when compared to the others.

Gtek
03-14-2013, 06:23 PM
Oh Yes, you will find in most cases that the screws are off centerline and has been ground to fit. Good Luck! Gtek

northmn
03-14-2013, 06:44 PM
The rifle I just bought came with a broken one. I fit a Pachmeyer thin recoil pad on mine whcih is satisfactory. Made a quick check on Brownells and they carry buttplates for Marlins for 9.95. Buy one so you can find the original.
DP

Frank46
03-14-2013, 11:07 PM
Well one member here did say he may have a couple and since I expressed interest in them I'd figure to hold off until I see what he has. It's only right as he said he had to look for them. But I do thank you for the Brownells tip. Frank

Frank46
03-15-2013, 10:48 PM
I found it!. Got really bugged about 3am and decided it was either gonna be found or end up missing forever. I have about 8 of the large akro bins above my reloading bench and one by one dumped them on a towel. Last one I checked there it was. So thanks to all that offered assistance. Very much appreciated. Now if only I could find that steel layman 56 sme sight I put away so's I could find it. Frank