PDA

View Full Version : Lee Group Buy 452423 Request

GLL
08-05-2005, 11:51 AM
Do any of you who recently purchased one of the 6-cavity Lee 452423 moulds have a handfull of bullets from that mould that I could buy. I am a new member and unfortunately failed to get in on that one.

I would like to compare those bullets to those from my Lyman 452423.

Perhaps some time in the future we could start a second run of that mould if enough people were interested. I would be willing to front the buy if seasoned members would give me advice on procedure.

Thanks.

GLL

Jerry Lewis

gllewis@pasadena.edu

Buckshot
08-05-2005, 05:26 PM
............Hello Jerry. The process for a custom mould is very simple. This is Lee's schedule:

1) Moulds are retail price up to 100 copies. After that they're dealer price.
2) $100 setup fee for 1 to 24 moulds.
3) Twenty five or more units and they forgive the $100 setup fee.

What you have to do:

1) Provide Lee a drawing showing the dimensions you want, along with a check, MO, or CC#, to cover the expenses noted above.
2) Lee may or may not get back to you with a question(s) about some dimension, or a suggestion.
3) Lee cuts the moulds and ships then back to you free of charge.

You DO NOT have to have 25 moulds, but you do get charged the $100, but this can be amortized over the number of moulds in the run. Say you wanted the 452-423 in a 6 cavity. In addition you had 10 guys wanting one too, but didn't want to wait to gather up another 15 or more subscribers.

The 'per mould' cost of $50 would have $10 added to it to split up the setup charge so they cost $60 each and you've informed the people how shipping will be handled. Maybe flatrate or however.

Just make a post over on the "Group Buys" forum of your intent. I'm sure whoever has the drawing would let you print it off for your use, but ask first. Then you wait for the people to commit for one. There is no time limit, and it doesn't cost you anything to make the post of intention. The other thing is to post notifications to other boards where folks might be interested, directing them to your thread. This can help build numbers.

Pretty simple. As author you can cut it off at anytime (nice to give notice) and if less then the 25 setup minimum, you'd incurr that charge as mentioned.

.............Buckshot

PS: I do hope that in the meantime someone does offer you some of the boolits :D

Catshooter
08-05-2005, 09:11 PM
GLL,

I just lubed up every boolit I had cast from my 423, yesterday. I'm sorry. As soon as it cools down a bit I'll be casting more and I'll be happy to send you some. How many do you want?

Also, just so you know, I'm ramrodding a group buy right now for a true Keith 358429. With 45 2.1's help, I think it'll happen. If it goes well, I intend to do the same with the .44, the .45 Colt and another 454423. All of these will be casting a bit oversize as so many guns are. So you should have a chance to get a 454423, if you want.

PM me if you care to.

Cat

GLL
08-06-2005, 01:09 AM
Cat:

Thank you for the offer ! I have sent PM.

I am ready to sign up for the 358429 deal and look forward to all of the others. I am very pleased to hear you already plan a 2nd order for the 454423 and will wait for that one as well. I think there should be demand for another go !

Jerry Lewis

Wayne Dobbs
08-13-2005, 09:57 AM
GLL/Jerry,

I want to get in on a 452423 and the 358429 mold buy also. I think when I return from my current adventure in Iraq I will start learning to cast. I have a ton of .38 and .357 S&Ws to experiment with! I see you on the SW forum all the time and I recently got my first Outdoorsman and plan on buying another one in October...

Wayne

cabezaverde
08-13-2005, 10:19 AM
Wayne,

Thank you for your service.

GLL
08-13-2005, 11:20 AM
Wayne:

I saw your Outdoorsman deal. Congratulations !

Keep your head down and get back soon !

I hope all of these "Keith deals" work out soon before I spend all of my money on beer. :)

Jerry

mroliver77
08-13-2005, 02:03 PM
Gll, Just let me hold that money for you and I promise it will not be spent on beer.hee hee
Did you get any of the 452423 bullets? I have a six cavity and a single cavity I could send some of if'n you still need some. Is youre single cavity a round or square lube groove? Jay