PDA

View Full Version : Will Noveske polygonal rifling handle cast boolits?

CATTLEMAN
03-13-2013, 02:38 AM
Will Noveske polygonal rifling handle cast boolits?

Are these barrels rifled like Glock barrels?

Anyone know Noveske's take on cast boolits?

Anyone have one?

I'm looking for an accurate and heavy subsonic cast boolit friendly AR-15 barrel (with a pistol length gas system) ...

DCM
03-17-2013, 08:28 PM
Only info I can come up with is that I believe this would be a Pac-Nor made barrel.
Hope that helps.

runfiverun
03-17-2013, 11:41 PM
yes they will.
someone done a short write-up here a couple months back on a rifle done up with a poly barrel.

Patricklaw
03-18-2013, 02:06 AM
Will Noveske polygonal rifling handle cast boolits?

Are these barrels rifled like Glock barrels?

Anyone know Noveske's take on cast boolits?

Anyone have one?

I'm looking for an accurate and heavy subsonic cast boolit friendly AR-15 barrel (with a pistol length gas system) ...

I'll let you know. I have a couple boxes of Lee 155's sized to .309 and ready try out in my 7.62x40 with the Noveske poly barrel. My barrel has a 1:11 twist so I expect it to be very CB friendly.

CATTLEMAN
03-20-2013, 02:37 AM
Please let me know how it works out.

Patricklaw
04-24-2013, 12:03 PM
I've made a couple of trips to the range with boolets from my Lee C312-155 mold. My results were good with no leading after about 50 rounds. Hopefully, after a couple more trips to the range, I'll write it all up for the entertainment of all. I loaded over 1680 and in an attempt to force leading, duplicated my jacketed charges for the 147 grain M80 pulls that I used when I could get them cheap. I've also tried some 4198 and think it will do nicely at cast velocities. Neither of those powders seem to be easy to find these days so my efforts may have to wait. As this is my first foray into cast boolets for rifles, I've been going through two particular threads in the Bullet Lube section on Powder Coating and on Polymer Coating. Cattleman, how's your project proceeding?

Coonazz
04-24-2013, 09:41 PM
Have the 18"SPR 1-7 twist and haven't tried cast boolits....yet.

CATTLEMAN
04-28-2013, 06:25 AM
Patricklaw -- I have been working with a barrel with carbine length gas and had difficulty making it cycle with subs using NOEs 247 boolit and 4227. While shopping for a pistol length gas barrel, I bought a light weight carrier for that rifle and some 1680, but have been busy and have not had a chance to test them. My hope is that they will solve the issues with that rifle, so I may not need another barrel.

Please let me know how yours works out.

Thanks!