PDA

View Full Version : Another one has crossed my path...

newton
03-12-2013, 11:55 AM
Ok, so I seem to be a magnet. I have another gun in my sights. My main goal is to eventually build my own, but for some reason these cheap guns keep coming my way and its hard to pass up what someone considers worthless, but I consider beautiful.

A friend of my wife's dad has a .50 "Springfield Hawken". Labeled as 1:66. Has fixed sights. It is rusted, but still a good looking gun. Trigger is nice, but not double set.

I'm guessing that its a CVA or Traditions. It only has Spain as its origin identification.

I am guessing that the original owner shot matches or something as there are a lot of little containers with different colored lids on them. Then there is a sheet of paper that has listed what charge he would put in each container.

I think I am going to pull the trigger on this one. I do not have a 1:66 in my collection yet, and this will be a cheap way of getting one there. May be the one I use to shoot the match that's coming up.

Is there any way of knowing who made/imported it?

Hanshi
03-12-2013, 01:48 PM
I'm a gun magnet, too. Problem is I seem to repell rather than attract; like poles, I guess. I'm jealous.

taco650
03-12-2013, 07:01 PM
Post a pic and maybe someone in "the collective" will recognize it.

I never find good deals on guns and if do, I'm usually broke when they come around.

newton
03-13-2013, 09:51 AM
Have not bought it yet. The guy was not in a hurry to sell it though. I'll post a pick when I pick it up. I think it will make a good shooter. Hate to see these things rust away into nothing at the back of a closet.