PDA

View Full Version : Why is the TSA arming????????

1Shirt
03-09-2013, 03:32 PM
I would suggest that the purchase of millions of rounds of ammo, and the purchase of 270 heavy military type armored type vehicles by the TSA should be questioned by all gun owning American citizens. I have written to a number of senators and congressmen asking why????? Is the TSA preparing to defend the administration against American Citizens? Write, email, and or call your senators and congressmen and women why this is occuring in a time when the economy is in the toilet. Is it fear on the part of the TSA and Janet Napilatino(sp), and the Administration of an armed insurrection?????? The TSA is rapidly becoming as much a danger to the American people at the EPA has become. There is no reason for the TSA to be a government agency in the first place, and it would better serve the American public if the TSA were a civilian function.

The whole issue regarding the purchase of the ammos and vehicles stinks to the high heavens! I have yet to hear any of our politicians even voice concern over these purchases. Maybe it is time to rock the boat, ruffle a few political feathers, and find out just what the He!! is going on!
1Shirt!:coffee:
Think I may have posted this in the wrong area! Sorry!

fishhawk
03-09-2013, 03:34 PM
Ahhhhhh actually it's not 270 it 2700

MtGun44
03-09-2013, 05:22 PM
From what I have found, the ammo purchase is apparently inaccurately report
by a factor of 1000 too high. I have seen online documents which are represented
as the original RFP from DHS, and the unit are "per 1000" for pricing, but the quantity
is "per each" for actual purchasing . Idiot reporters take an order for 250,000
rounds and think it is 250,000 times 1,000 rounds or 250 million rounds.

The ammo buy was to be delivered over 5 yrs, trying to get a locked in price
for a large quantity, apparently and 250,000 over 5 yrs for a large agency
is not excessive - just for training, apparently they have to qualify all officers
every 6 months.

As to the armored vehicles - THAT one is scary as heck -IF ACCURATE. No way
is this normal, but again - many/most reporters seem to be terminally stupid and
lazy, so I am not sure that the reports are accurate.

Bill

runfiverun
03-09-2013, 08:33 PM
why would the TSA need ONE armoured vehicle?

historicfirearms
03-09-2013, 08:39 PM
I thought it was the Department of Homeland Security that ordered the vehicles. I just tried googling dhs and my computer froze up.

Swamp Man
03-09-2013, 09:13 PM
Well guys I hate to have to tell you this but it's not just HLS it's also IRS,FEMA,TSA all are being armed. I'm sure there are other agents of the government being armed that we don't know about yet. The ammo their stocking is hollow point which are not used for training.

starmac
03-09-2013, 09:36 PM
You get three guesses, and no your congressman will not tell you why.

chsparkman
03-09-2013, 09:49 PM
I have a few feds for friends and they train with service ammo (hollow points).

TXGunNut
03-09-2013, 09:55 PM
I have a few feds for friends and they train with service ammo (hollow points).

Yes, that has been their policy for quite some time. Our tax dollars at work. Kind of odd to see premium handgun ammo in 50 round boxes but Uncle Sugar can afford it.

PS Paul
03-09-2013, 10:43 PM
why would the TSA need ONE armoured vehicle?

Well, to drive over your carcass AFTER they've burned your house to the ground for practicing Christianity and owning "scary guns" with obivous intent to commit terrorism.

Oh, wait a minute. TSA. You mean "T.housands S.tanding A.round" doesn't need something like that? Well, DHS does then. Am I right?

x101airborne
03-09-2013, 10:54 PM
And then they want a price break so they can train with hp ammo.

This is why I support those who deny to sell to the agencies where everyday people cannot buy the same items.

It is all coming down. Sad to say and sorry bout that. Anyone think this economy is getting better? Anyone think the Administration is on our side? Just cause you see or hear it on Fox news doesn't make it so.
And when my Dad says, "Can I spend X amount on this ......? Yes, yes you can. Cause it is legal (currently). And there WILL come a day when it is not. So go nuts. MP-5's? yep. AM-180's, sure. M2'-yep. MG-42? Get it.

I don't see this getting any better. Only worse. And I DAMN sure will not go quietly into the night.

Gator 45/70
03-09-2013, 11:08 PM
Why is anyone worried about the 2700 tank's going very far anywhere fast and able to return ?
We oilfield guy's will just ''wing it to the right' and go home. If they start any kind of Gubberment round-up/killing field's.
Let them start, I could use a month or so off.

runfiverun
03-10-2013, 12:27 AM
shhh gator, you're giving my natural gas strategy away.
anyway make sure it's the top valve first then the bottom one. :lol:

41 mag fan
03-10-2013, 09:07 AM
The gov't thinks we have an influx of middle eastern terrorists that are going to try to overthrow the gov't and they want to protect us gun owners and non gun owners alike??? [smilie=1:

Case Stuffer
03-10-2013, 09:21 AM
The gov't thinks

sure they do,

That would be the same as military intelligence which came very close to getting myself and members of my squad shot to death numerious times.

Circuit Rider
03-10-2013, 09:58 AM
For me and my family, we now read The Blaze online, and a very few others. The Blaze on TV,ie Glenn Beck program, Real News and Wilkow and that's about the only ones we trust. Fox sometimes, maybe. x101airborne, have to agree, I think it's close to SHTF time. CR

FredBuddy
03-10-2013, 10:57 AM
Remember - pre 2008 O said he wanted a civilian organization that is as well armed and funded as the military.

Be careful. They are waiting for a crisis (excuse) to establish martial law.

MtGun44
03-10-2013, 11:11 AM
Depending on the exact circumstances, declaring martial law in this country
would be a serious error in judgement.

Bill

1Shirt
03-10-2013, 11:29 AM
Agreed MT! However look at the long lists of serious errors in judgement made by Obozo and the current administration.
1Shirt!

tomme boy
03-10-2013, 01:59 PM
Look at the ammo and reloading shortfall right now.

Now think of the ammo as a food shortage. Makes sense to me. DHS is the private army that is as powerful as the reg military. Hope it does not happen while I am still around.

quilbilly
03-10-2013, 02:16 PM
You also have to keep in mind the bureaucratic mindset. If another agency is competing with you for funding, you have to have the same thing whether you need it or not. It is just the taxpayer's you know.

Swamp Man
03-11-2013, 01:19 PM
Look at the ammo and reloading shortfall right now.

Now think of the ammo as a food shortage. Makes sense to me. DHS is the private army that is as powerful as the reg military. Hope it does not happen while I am still around. I think this is closer to happening then most think. At any given time Obama can shut down all or slow down USDA meat/food inspections. If it takes place the country will break out into riots within days and give him a reason to place us under marshal law. Allowing him to have total control and remain in power of our country as long as we are under marshal law.