PDA

View Full Version : got two more....k 98's

mike in co
08-04-2005, 08:18 PM
from my least favorite supplier. sarco. it took me two weeks to place the order. two emails , never answered, several phone messages, never returned. convinced the operator that i actually wanted to purchase something from them.
three more phone calls ....why hasnt the ordered been processed ??
two weeks to the day i actually placed the order, they shipped.
so four weeks to move them from the back to the front for a shipper to pick up......and just 5 days for the next 2000 plus miles.....i hate sarco!( for those that do not know i do special orders for a ffl. no other firearm supplier is so poor in the order / shipping department for a part on hand).

ok i was looking for a pair of mauser recvers to save for a rainy day. the turks on the market are ok but not great and the price is up . while looking at swede's on sarcos site, i saw k98's for 2 fer 200.

the rifles are real 98's rebuilt by yugoslavia and commomly called preduzece 44's. german k98's scrubbed of most markings, and a small yugo crest added to the recvr.
a nice laminated stock on one.
the bad news is the bores appear to be a bunch better than tomatoes stakes.
i may have to actually shoot these.
cleaning bores now...will post more later.

mike in co
08-06-2005, 12:49 AM
cleaned them up a bit.
the bore of one is used...but probably a good shooter grade.....the other appears to have a NEW bbl. its only problen is it was allowed to get wet, and the muzzle has some rust/minor pitting....may try it as is, may re-crown.
looks like i'll have to order another leementable 8mm/175....

Urny
08-06-2005, 09:27 AM
Hi Mike. Most of those Yugo Mausers have at least useable bores and shoot pretty well if you can use the sights. My eyes have reached the point that I'm thinking about mounting one of those Bosnian Zrak scopes to make a fake sniper rifle. This for my almost new condition M48A. Love those Mausers. Also, I'm looking forward to the group buy six cylinder 8-175.