PDA

View Full Version : CHP-1 in RSA

aaronraad
03-09-2013, 09:41 AM
I assume everyone saw this ad in January. I saw it while doing a Google search. Not where I want to spend my money at the moment, or I wouln't be sharing this at all ;) :

http://pretoria.olx.co.za/corbin-bullet-swage-press-iid-473575964 (corbin-bullet-swage-press)

Not sure what Corbin's turnaround time is like on a Hydroswage with .224 dies, but if its anything like the 3 years I've been waiting for my 308 dies then it's probably gone by now.

Lizard333
03-10-2013, 08:25 AM
Have you tried talking to RCE about the dies in 308? He makes dies for his brothers presses, and his turnaround is a LOT less. I just placed an order for some stuff and he told me three months. And that's only because he's slammed at the moment. Might be worth a look.

SquirrelHollow
03-10-2013, 02:36 PM
His (Dave Corbin's) .224 dies get shipped faster, if you're buying a 'standard' design - because he lumps you in with orders already on the books, and runs everything in one batch ...and those are his most popular dies.
Anything 'custom' or less common will require the 30+ month wait time (or you can let him extort you for the "rush" service and pay double or triple).

RCE (Richard Corbin) has a much better turn around time. The worst I've heard of, in the last year, was just shy of 6 months. Most people are reporting 3-6 weeks for delivery.

aaronraad
03-11-2013, 01:28 AM
Yeh I wasn't completely silly, I'd read enough horror stories. I went the stock standard 30 cal VLD H-type dies + the tip set-up but I couldn't see the tip set-up adding much to the overall timeframe??? It's not uncommon treatment if you're not local to begin with. I received the press no problems within a month...looks good, pillar mounted doing not much of anything.

I've bought a couple of items from RCE but I've made sure they were listed as 'stock' to begin with. Actually I don't look at anything that Corbin has unless it's 'stock' as well anymore. I figure Richard is also flat chat at the moment given he still hasn't responded to my email after a couple of weeks. Normally he responds in less than 48 hours.

I've got a contact for a contact for carbide dies made locally, but even that's starting to get strung out. Talked with Adam Colt (?) from Edge Dies while he was in existance, but I guess you know more about what happened there than I do.

algunjunkie
03-11-2013, 10:07 PM
I can never get a reply from Richard Corbin, phone or email. I am currently in month 4 of waiting for items that are in stock. Or we're when I ordered anyway.

Got to love swaging but you got to be patient as well I guess.

midnight
03-12-2013, 08:18 AM
I got an email from Richard. He has just been overwhelmed by the Obummer inspired run on all gun related stuff. He said the other day he spent the whole day answering emails, doing no other work, and when he got done just as many more had come in. He has been also dealing with a very serious illness in the family that takes much of his time. All I can advise is patience. He is a good man and will take care of us as soon as he can. I ordered some lead extrusion dies that were old stock marked down to get rid of them and I expected to get them very quickly but he says even those have to be taken down and cleaned and tested before shipment. They have to work properly before he ships. I felt kind of foolish adding to his workload with my question.

Bob