PDA

View Full Version : LBT blue

jim 44-40
03-08-2013, 04:35 PM
Can any one spare one stick of LBT lube,

GRUMPA
03-08-2013, 05:23 PM
last I knew there were 3 types, which 1?

jim 44-40
03-08-2013, 06:41 PM
LBT blue is the one I would like to try for pistol ,the others are LBT soft and LBT commercial.I have a lyman 4500 so it will heat the lube

GRUMPA
03-08-2013, 07:12 PM
PM me with info and I'll send a stick out next week.

cajun shooter
03-15-2013, 08:45 AM
Jim, I assume from your handle that you are shooting the 44WCF cartridge. I have used LBT in the past on that and other calibers. It is a good lube but the White Label BAC and Carnuba are much less expensive and work just as good. In fact they may be just a tad better.
If you want to try a good homemade lube for your 44WCF then contact Bullshop and buy some of his Bullplate mould lube. They are small containers so buy at least 10. You mix one of these with a pound of Beeswax and it gives you a lube named speedgreen.
Go to his site for all the information you need.
While LBT is a great lube, there are easier ones to buy and use.
I shoot nothing but the 44WCF cartridge and 45-70 in SASS matches with Black Powder and the lube NASA that is also sold by Bullshop. It is the best you can use. It has worked for me in every climate I have shot in. In BPCR they have matches where it is very hot with 15 % humidity and they say only SPG will work there. I can't answer that as I have never shot those conditions. Later David