PDA

View Full Version : magma prices

08-13-2007, 01:12 PM
i hope every one bought what they needed from magma eng. before there prices went up. i bought a 90 lb pot 2-3 mo ago for $375. now they are $575. the star sizer went from 195 to 250.

475/480
08-13-2007, 01:54 PM
Oooouch!

Sean

crabo
08-13-2007, 04:03 PM
I just bought a Star sizer with one die for $150. I was about to order a new one for $195 and then the price jumped so I bought the used one.

thebulletgirl
08-14-2007, 11:41 AM
We have been looking at a few items we were going to purchased. I guess we shouldn't have waited so long.
Does anybody have an idea of why such an increase?

brshooter
08-16-2007, 08:34 PM
I asked them yesterday why the huge increase. Here is the answer"We have not increased our prices in five years and it was over due" I mentioned my wage increases over the past five years only amounted to eight percent and they were cost of living increases not raises. I told them that I was just going to forget about ordering anything else from them. The prices before were high enough and now they are obscene..........

Sundogg1911
08-17-2007, 04:05 PM
I was wondering when this was going to happen :-( I'm glad that I already purchased all of the "Big Stuff" that I needed from them, I do need 3 or 4 more moulds for my Master Caster. I'm afraid to check the prices. They are a good company and the prices were rather cheap in the past, but from $375 to $575 overnight is enough to send me back to Ballisti-cast. (If the moulds went up as well) Thanks 686....I was having a good day. (ok......I won't really blame you.....I'll take it out on some poor innocent person at work) ;-)

yammerschooner
08-19-2007, 12:22 AM
at least the sizing dies haven't gone up.

shooter93
08-19-2007, 10:29 PM
While no one likes price increases in their defense I'd be willing to bet most of you would be shocked at thier cost increases in five years. In my business some materials went up 500% in less than 2 yrs....try bidding a job with fluctuations like that. Health insurance on yourself or employees is staggering....my personal health insurance alone is 12,000 bucks a year....and no I'm not a risk or always ill. An excavating company which I know the owners well has around 200 employees....their health insurance in the men went UP....one million bucks in two yrs....that's one mil ...just the increase. It wouldn't suprise me a bit that Magma's profit margin is actually lower than it was before the increase. Small businesses are being murdered at a rate that would knock your socks off.

felix
08-19-2007, 10:45 PM
..............I told them that I was just going to forget about ordering anything else from them. The prices before were high enough and now they are obscene..........

............It wouldn't surprise me a bit that Magma's profit margin is actually lower than it was before the increase. Small businesses are being murdered at a rate that would knock your socks off..................

Folks, that's the Plan. ... felix

Sundogg1911
08-20-2007, 09:42 AM
After visiting their site, I see the moulds really haven't increased. (At least not much) I already have 2 Star sizers and a Master Caster so all of my big spending is done. Im my experience they have been a great company to deal with. It's always a shock when prices increase that much at once. Maybe a slight increase each year or so would have been easier to swallow. I was planning to buy another 30 pound lead pot, but I have one already (and 2 Lee's and an off brand) so i'll get by. [smilie=1: