PDA

View Full Version : Lee taper crimp die

emptyhead
08-11-2007, 06:48 PM
Any of you guys ever use one. I was at one of my local gun haunts and the owner swears by it. Said he uses it in all his machines[550 and 650]. I'll be using it to load 357and the j words with some 820 in a ruger security six. Thanks guys.

USARO4
08-12-2007, 01:16 AM
I find it works well for pistol rounds such as .380, 9mm, 45acp, etc, that are designed to have a taper crimp. It is especially helpfull in getting them to chamber when using oversize cast boolits. That said I do not use them for revolver rounds which are designed to have a roll crimp.

chunkum
08-12-2007, 01:25 AM
There are two types of LFCD. If you're loading straight walled handgun brass (as with your .357), you'll find the version for that a very good adjunct for reloading. It contains a carbide ring in it's lower portion that keeps the finished round within maximum specs and the adjustable floating crimp ring can be set from bearly taking out any flare, that may have been created to fascilitate the seating of cast bullets, to a firm to heavy uniform roll crimp. Your brass should, of course be of uniform length but the LFCD makes this dimension less critical. A good design and useful.
Best Regards,
chunkum