PDA

View Full Version : Simple Lee scoop mod

dualsport
03-05-2013, 02:01 PM
I use the scoops fairly often. I've found an easy way to adjust the volume if the cc's aren't exactly what I want. Cardboard plugs. Just press the mouth of the scoop against some cardboard and it leaves an impression. Cut that out with scissors and push it down in the scoop. Needs to be a snug fit but this is real easy. I've found the backing from a tablet to work well. Thin or thicker, you get the idea. I tried weighing the charges and they are as consistent as they are without the cardboard filler in there. It's easy to remove the plug and I believe less trouble than other methods I've read about to adjust the scoop volume. Not permanent at all but if the plug is nice and snug it stays put.

mdi
03-05-2013, 02:06 PM
Good idea!

jmort
03-05-2013, 03:01 PM
Love the scoops, and your method has been used successfully. It makes sense if you want reuse the scoop at a different volume. Safest way to reload. No moving parts and static volume.

Rusty Goose
03-05-2013, 09:48 PM
Clever idea, nice!

Dave Bulla
03-06-2013, 02:42 AM
Yup, been doing that for years. Usually just use paper and stack as many as needed. Never really needed anything thick since I have a full set and if I need one that much smaller, I just go down one size.

rupe01
03-06-2013, 12:50 PM
Great idea! Thanks!