PDA

View Full Version : Handles?

warthog
03-05-2013, 10:15 AM
OK, I admit I'm new and should know this BUT :)

I am wondering if you can use a Lyman handle on a Saeco mold or RCBS mold or any of the above?
Are two cavity handles essentially the same or do you need the right makers handles for that company's mold?

Reload3006
03-05-2013, 10:44 AM
I know that the lyman handles will not work on the RCBS molds with out modification.

mold maker
03-05-2013, 10:48 AM
LEE handles are much cheaper and fit several brands. They can be modified to fit even more.

Andrew Mason
03-05-2013, 11:26 AM
LEE handles are much cheaper and fit several brands. They can be modified to fit even more.

X2 i love the lee handles, very long and fit many molds

engineer401
03-05-2013, 10:32 PM
Take a look this sticky http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?154184-Lee-6-Cavity-Handle-interchange-Use-list. Someone describes the use of Lee handles to Saeco molds.

gbrown
03-05-2013, 11:58 PM
I've adapted Lee handles to just about any mold--RCBS, SAECO, Lyman, or HG. Some you may have to drill out the handle pin holes a little, some you may have to file or put on a belt sander to make a little thinner. Take your time and do it right. Some I have had to rework a few times to make it "just" right, but they ended up working just fine. They are a great thing to order, when you have a little money on hand, and have a couple of extra around, in case you find a mold with no handles. Like $20 vs $40-$50.

guninhand
03-06-2013, 03:28 PM
Just to let you know your options, KAL Tool and Die (google and you'll get their web page) makes excellent aftermarket mold handles as well as a replacement sprue cutter handle for the Lee 6 cavity mold. The big selling point is the high quality steel they use. Excellent to deal with as well.