PDA

View Full Version : Question About White Lable 45-45-10 Xlox Blend

Bullzye
03-04-2013, 05:22 PM
Hi.

So far all I have used has been the liquid xlox, but after seeing all the homemade recipes here using the different blends, I saw where White Lable had the 45-45-10 blend.

Do you apply it the same way as the regular xlox?

I heat it up in hot water, drizzle a little over my bullets in a glass tumbler and tumble to coat then let dry tacky.

Do the same with the 45-45-10?

I usually give mine a dusting with motor mica... still ok with the new blend, or probably won't need the mica?

I load hardcast for 9mm, .357mag, .44mag, 30-30, and 45-70.

Thanks!

runfiverun
03-04-2013, 07:48 PM
same deal as xlox.
i heat up the boolits with a hair dryer,slobber some on with a fork, and swirl them around.
you can add more mineral spirits to the mix without any harm.

Muddydogs
03-05-2013, 11:09 AM
I find with the 45/45/10 blend that when dry they are dry and not tacky, no mica needed. I don't warm my bullets and find that the blend coats them just fine. I keep my blend on a shelf the sets just below the celling heater vent so it’s always a little warm and pours out of the bottle fine. Remember a little 45/45/10 goes a long way.

Bullzye
03-05-2013, 05:40 PM
Thanks for posting!

I copy a little goes a long way.

It is tough to add just a little, 'cause it never "seems" like it is going to be enough to coat all the bullets.

But, sure enough, a little does go a long way.

Till now I have only xlox lubed bullets for the guns that have given me some leading problems, but I think I will lube everything cast bullet from now on. It can't hurt.

Take care.