PDA

View Full Version : Spring lube feeder for the Lyman 450

Chicken Thief
03-04-2013, 04:34 PM
Anyone got some tips about a spring assisted lube feeder thingy for the Lyman 450?
I use a snotty lube that seaps out under (high) pressure. At the most i can lube 3 boolits before i have to nudge the handle.
If someome have invented the wheel i dont have to but if not then i will, because this is urinating me off. I need to lube/size 2k boolits before friday.

I know cabine tree laoding has done it but i'm broke, so homemade is the ticket.

Kent Fowler
03-04-2013, 07:08 PM
Clearly a two person job. Could you talk your significant other into, possibly, giving your handle a nudge?

Lloyd Smale
03-05-2013, 06:56 AM
no help with the homemade question but ill testify to the fact the cabin tree unit works well.

Chicken Thief
03-05-2013, 09:44 AM
I'm brewing on that one. What bugs me is the pin that has to go through the table top, dont fancy that.

prs
03-05-2013, 01:14 PM
Hmmm. A simple bungee cord attached to the ratchet handle and then to the table?
Or a key wound spring motor out of an old toy or clock or such....?
Unaware of the Cabin Tree thing, I will check it out.

prs

Chicken Thief
03-05-2013, 01:36 PM
Here you go:

http://www.castingstuff.com/cabinetree_loading_products.htm

Lloyd Smale
03-06-2013, 06:12 AM
My experience comes from testing prototypes and the first of the production units gussy made. they worked great but those didnt require a pin in the bench or a bungy cord of any kind. He must have modified them some more.