PDA

View Full Version : New Question: 7mmx357

Jumptrap
08-03-2005, 08:13 PM
Fellers,

I have been toying with the idea a new project. I had a Martini Cadet rebarreled and chambered for 7-30 Waters a few years back and lost interest when the case proved just a hair too long for easy loading and the Cadet has horrible extraction capabilities.....so, I want to save the new 7 mm barrel and rechamber to a 357 case necked to 7 mm. Therefore, I have to ask yet again for somebody to yank out their reference books and tell me who invented such an animal, what name they gave it and how deep does one have to dive to buy dies...or can something else be improvised..ie., for neck sizing. I think it would be easier to neck up/fireform 256 mag. brass as opposed to bringing .357 down to .284.

I invite everybody to take a stab at this, crunch some numbers and burn a few brain cells and see if a reasonable solution can be had. thanks.

StarMetal
08-03-2005, 09:01 PM
Jumptrap,

Maybe not helping you, but I wanted to get one of the shooter grade Yugo SKS's and rebarrel it to a 7x39 instead of 7.62x39.

Joe

Scrounger
08-03-2005, 09:11 PM
Been done already. Midway has dies: http://www.midwayusa.com/ebrowse.exe/browse?TabID=1&Categoryid=9957&categorystring=9315***731***702***8345*** also ch4d: http://www.ch4d.com/catalog/reload_dies/reload_dies_16.htm

Frank46
08-04-2005, 04:39 AM
Jumptrap, read today that since ATK took over RCBS that they may no longer be doing custom dies. Saw this in the latest issue of shooting times. It may be in your interest to give them a call to see if this is true. But Since midway has the dies what the heck. Frank

Jumptrap
08-04-2005, 09:29 AM
Jumptrap, read today that since ATK took over RCBS that they may no longer be doing custom dies. Saw this in the latest issue of shooting times. It may be in your interest to give them a call to see if this is true. But Since midway has the dies what the heck. Frank

Who the hell is ATK?

I ran Scroungers URL's and can see right now that there will be NO custom RCBS dies, but CH4D's are within reach.

But, from where I am standing, it appears that it will cost about $150-$175 to fix something isn't really broken. Screw it. I'll put that money towards a Marlin 32 H&R Cowboy.