PDA

View Full Version : fedx ammo shipping rules !

HARRYMPOPE
03-03-2013, 03:14 PM
You need an account.It is classified as "dangerous shipment" and you need special forms and permissions.You have to have it picked up at your place as they will not accept it dropped off in person.So don't do it.As expensive as UPS is to ship its way easier.

Phoenix
03-03-2013, 03:58 PM
You need an account.It is classified as "dangerous shipment" and you need special forms and permissions.You have to have it picked up at your place as they will not accept it dropped off in person.So don't do it.As expensive as UPS is to ship its way easier.

This was fedex ground? New on by me. They dont come here. I have dropped it off more than once never an issue. ORMD ground shipment

HARRYMPOPE
03-03-2013, 04:01 PM
It was fedx ground.It used to be OK via ground but now they have tightened things up. i was told this by the boss of the shipping hub yesterday.He is not anti gun and didn't care for the rules himself.

DCP
03-03-2013, 04:50 PM
I had heard some changes were coming by fedex is UPS next.
They dont have to make anything illegal if no one ships it (or charge you a arm and a leg to ship)

firefly1957
03-03-2013, 07:20 PM
I heard there were new federal regulations behind these rules but never saw them posted anywhere.

Guesser
03-03-2013, 07:34 PM
I was told the exact opposite last week. Fedex will accept shipment from private parties at the terminal which is open from 0800 to 1900 hours. UPS is open from 1730 to 1900 and will not accept without an account. UPS bulletin dated 12-11-2012 was the change date for UPS. Read the service guidelines for Fedex on the site and they will confirm that Fedex will ship, I was suspicious so I called Fedex and they are still accepting. UPS is not.

HARRYMPOPE
03-03-2013, 07:38 PM
I just shipped ammo twice last week via UPS at two different loactions with no problems with no account. UPS will not ship ammo via one of thier UPS Stores with no account.They will do it directly at their main hubs.

HARRYMPOPE
03-03-2013, 07:40 PM
In order to ship hazardous materials via FedEx Ground, you first must complete an approval process. Start by contacting your FedEx account executive, who can assist you through this process. Or call FedEx Customer Service at 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339 (say "hazardous materials").

Its sort of fuzzy what is hazmat or dangerous goods policy.maybe their employees dont know how to interpret it.

tomme boy
03-03-2013, 08:52 PM
It has partially to do with new FED regs to ship. Here is the new label.http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/?s=UPS&submit=Search