PDA

View Full Version : Need Help in a decision

tawastom
03-02-2013, 03:21 PM
I recently bid on two sets of dies on Ebay, figuring Id win one, Well I won both, the first set arrived as described, the second was a old set of Herters.(as it stated) but werent FL sizing or seating dies like the guy thought, Now here is my dilemna, what I did get was a primer swaging die,(including the button) and a bullet puller die with a .30 collet. are these worth a darn or should I return them? If someone has used them before and they work pretty well Id just as soon keep them. anyone?

bobthenailer
03-02-2013, 03:41 PM
I would return the Herters set as you may have limited use for a large primer pocket swedger and as for the bullet puller, finding extra collets to do different calibers may be a problem.
Item not as stated & return and make him pay shipping both ways as well as a refund of the purchase price ! its his dumb mistake and he should pay for it.
a few years ago i bought a Saeco mould from someone on E Bay and only one half of the mould was cut for the bullet the other half of the mould was a blank . i got a refund of the purchase price and he paid shipping both ways . as it was his dumb mistake ! he said he never really opened them up to look at them !

Huntducks
03-02-2013, 03:55 PM
How much did you pay? if it was only a few buck keep them, few years back I bought a set of 30carb dies that were supposed to be carbide they wern't, guy told me keep the dies and he would refund die cost if he could keep the shipping, that was fine with me.

tawastom
03-02-2013, 04:30 PM
Well The bullet puller is 30 cal, which is what most of my rounds that I load are, and the swager would come in handy for the milsurp brass Ive been getting. I only paid $20 for them. My main question are these tools any good? versus the wrong Item recieved. If they are some sort of hoodoo whiz bang thing that isnt worth a snot, Id send them back, if they are decent tools,id prefer to hang ont o them.

Kevin Rohrer
03-02-2013, 04:53 PM
The collet bullet puller is useful--provided you can get extra collets. If not, return the dies or sell them.

Pressman
03-02-2013, 06:34 PM
Herter's bullet puller collets interchange with RCBS and Bonanza (I think). Herter's made two different models. Both are readily available.
If you don't want the prime pocket swager put it back on eBay, you could get more than you paid for it. They do work and there is a demand for them.
Ken

Wayne Smith
03-02-2013, 08:51 PM
The Herter's dies are good, useful dies. If you have need of a 30 caliber puller hold on to it, if you have need for a primer pocket uniformer hold on to it. They are as useful now as when they were made.

tawastom
03-03-2013, 07:01 PM
Just in case anyone else ever comes across these and wonders, yes they both work GREAT, I swaged some LC brass last night and they formed perfect, I pulled a bunch of milsurp 762x54 (chinese) bullets and they came right out with no marks.

DLCTEX
03-06-2013, 10:44 AM
The Herters pocket swager is basically the same as the one RCBS makes and is worth more than what you paid.IMHO

jakharath
03-08-2013, 09:50 AM
Keep them, sounds like you can put them to work. Nothing wrong with Herters equipment. :)