PDA

View Full Version : A FYI 23% price increase

Johnch
08-07-2007, 07:57 PM
Working part time in a gun shop has a few perks
Today a supplier called to give us a FYI
Federal has announced a 23% price increase for ALL ammo as of Sept. 15 [smilie=b: [smilie=b:
The supplier also stated , when 1 manufacture has a big increase, the rest will follow :groner:
So if you are going to buy any ammo , do it before Sept 15

IMO with this news , I am glad I reload most of my ammo with reclaimed lead

John

dakotashooter2
08-13-2007, 02:53 PM
Buy ammo ? You can do that ?

:castmine:

kywoodwrkr
08-13-2007, 03:21 PM
Was in a local dealers shop a few weeks ago and he was mumbling about the fact he was in the process of increasing prices and another increase had just been announced.
He said most of his ammo if sold as marked right now would result in him paying more han selling price to replace it.
I do know I was aware of the primer price increases at the first of the year and was able to order primers before they went through their second, and higher increase, in 6 months.
I guess we only have the option of hanging on for the ride.
Thanks.
DaveP kywoodwrkr

Blackwater
08-16-2007, 08:32 PM
I think it went into effect, with new PRODUCTION (not necessarily delivery) very soon after the dems took both houses of Congress. I think the reason for the increase is clear. With one of the dem's biggest supporters being trial lawyer, ANY politically incorrect industry, like the shooting industry, IS, with virtual CERTAINTY, going to experience MANY more and MUCH more drastic lawsuits, due to the trial lawyers' .... well, their greed AND their liberal slant philosophically. I've had some poo poo this, but .... they just didn't want to HEAR it, which of course is a LOT different from contesting its Truthfulness with facts.

So far, we're seeing premonitions if not outright threats, or their beginnings, of no more lead, and ... let your own imagination work on just how far you think the dems CAN and likely WILL press their clearcut distaste for, and intent to make irrelevant, Americans' possession of FUNCTIONAL firearms.

Again, some have poo pooed this, but .... do so at your OWN and ALL YOUR BRETHREN'S PERIL, for not a soul has yet to point out a single solitary reason or fact why it can't or won't happen. Not one!