PDA

View Full Version : Usfa .32-20 4 5/8"

bcr
03-01-2013, 08:42 PM
Guys, I just got back from my local gun shop after liberating a New Model Ruger .44 Special in stainless steel from where it was being held against its will in layaway.

They have a USFA .32-20 with the 4 5/8" barrel and color case hardening. It's marked used, but there is no discernible cylinder turn ring. It looks to me like it was never fired since it left the factory. The price tag is $975, and I have it reserved on hold until Monday. I asked them if they would take $875 for it and they said yes. I saw one of these in .45 Colt, same configuration, just last week go for $1600 on gunbroker. On a scale of 1-10, how stupid am I if I don't buy this one? Presumably .32-20 is not as popular as .45 Colt, and hence not as valuable. But I have 100 pieces of .32-20 brass that I bought on craigslist and nothing to shoot them in.

Bullshop
03-01-2013, 08:53 PM
Good move on buying that brass. As I see it now you really have no choice.

Love Life
03-01-2013, 08:58 PM
Buy it. USFA values have shot through the roof. You can buy a new Colt for less than a used USFA SAA right now. The rodeos are cheaper in price.

Nobade
03-01-2013, 09:11 PM
Hey BCR, you aren't bychance in Albuquerque are you? That sounds like the one I was looking at down at Ron Peterson's last weekend.

-Nobade

bcr
03-01-2013, 09:16 PM
I'm quite sure it's not a Rodeo. I don't remember the model, but it had a P in it. Premier maybe? But I thought the premier wasn't color case hardened. I think I just talked my wife into it, so I'll let you know when I get home tomorrow. :drinks:

.22-10-45
03-01-2013, 09:18 PM
Hello, bcr. I too thought I would never own a handgun in .32WCF..heard brass was thin and hard to load..guns were finicky as far as accuracy..sharp piercing muzzle blast..etc..etc.
Well ,few years ago bought a nice circa 1903 71/2" Colt Bisley. Casting and loading for this little ctg. is downright FUN! This has to be one of the most accurate single action revolvers I have ever shot!

Love Life
03-01-2013, 09:21 PM
You are correct in it is not a rodeo. The rodeo was/is matte black. It was their cheaper finish model (same quality build as all USFA models). That bad boy would be in my house by now and I would be googling 32-20 brass...

bcr
03-01-2013, 09:56 PM
Hello, bcr. I too thought I would never own a handgun in .32WCF..heard brass was thin and hard to load..guns were finicky as far as accuracy..sharp piercing muzzle blast..etc..etc.
Well ,few years ago bought a nice circa 1903 71/2" Colt Bisley. Casting and loading for this little ctg. is downright FUN! This has to be one of the most accurate single action revolvers I have ever shot!

Cool. I've always wanted a .32-20. The gun that has been on my wish list longer than any other is a Browning 53. I'll try to pick one of those up in the next couple of years. They're not getting cheaper.

runfiverun
03-01-2013, 10:31 PM
googling smoogling i have brass,dies, and a mold, i'd be shooting it tomorrow.
i have a pair of the rodeo's and they are probably the best built revolvers i have.
and i have a bunch of rugers and dan wessons,and some smiff and W's,and a real early Freedom arms revolver.
i only wish i would have went with blued instead of the rodeo [parkarized kinda] finish.

Love Life
03-01-2013, 10:37 PM
i only wish i would have went with blued instead of the rodeo [parkarized kinda] finish.

You mean like this one? :mrgreen:62821

fouronesix
03-01-2013, 10:38 PM
On a scale of 1-10, how stupid am I if I don't buy this one?

Even 975 was fair so 875 was super. You would have been off-scale stupid if you didn't. :)

Those are very nice revolvers and the 32-20 is such a nice caliber! I know of no other Colt clone that is as good as a USFA. Some say that the USFA revolvers are even better than some of the 2nd and 3rd gen Colts. Was sad to see USFA quit the line.

bcr
03-02-2013, 11:10 AM
Hey BCR, you aren't bychance in Albuquerque are you? That sounds like the one I was looking at down at Ron Peterson's last weekend.

-Nobade

[smilie=s: Will you be at the gun show today?

scattershot
03-02-2013, 12:18 PM
Is there an option higher than 10? GO GET IT!!!

bcr
03-02-2013, 04:05 PM
I went back this morning and put a deposit on it. I was going to head to the gun show from there. The guys were saying there was a four hour wait in line to get in. It made me wonder if there has ever been a group in world history more adept at shooting themselves in both feet than the American statist left?

bcr
03-08-2013, 11:12 PM

Here it is! This is now the nicest revolver I own!

Interestingly, the original owner works at the gun shop, which I was a little nervous to find out, but he said that it's a very great shooter as long as you trim all your brass to the same length. The grips are factory once-piece. It has been fired a little bit, although I couldn't tell. I will fire it a lot more.

Love Life
03-08-2013, 11:17 PM
They are fine revolvers.