PDA

View Full Version : update on grandaughter and a thankyou to jeffnz!!

Lloyd Smale
03-01-2013, 01:16 PM
Just had her 4th operation this morning and everything went well. In two weeks they want to do some skin grafts. All the bones except on are healing great and they said its to early to worry about the one that isnt. THe picture is of her before the operation this morning when i gave her a necklace that Jeffnz sent all the way from New Zealand!!!! Im still overwellmed by the prayers and support shes gotten from you guys!! Thanks Jeff and thank all of you from the bottom of my heart..Excuse the blue **** in her hair my wife had the brilliant idea of buying that **** for her. I about shot her!!

1911sw45
03-01-2013, 01:30 PM
Glad she can still hold a smile after all she has been thru. Thanks Lloyd for keeping us updated on your grand daughter. Prayers are still coming from our house for her and her family. How is her dad doing?

Adam

Charlie Two Tracks
03-01-2013, 01:45 PM
Thanks for the update Loyd. I know what you mean about the coloring stuff but it does make them happy. You're a good Granddad.

runfiverun
03-01-2013, 02:36 PM
get used to the blue/green/red/purple/yellow/orange/black and combinations of the above hair colors.
girls like that stuff,,,, and it's just hair.

Lloyd Smale
03-01-2013, 02:48 PM
Dad is doing well. I think hes for the most part forgiven himself for his part in it.
Glad she can still hold a smile after all she has been thru. Thanks Lloyd for keeping us updated on your grand daughter. Prayers are still coming from our house for her and her family. How is her dad doing?

Adam

Bo1
03-01-2013, 04:21 PM
Good news Lloyd....Keeping her and entire family in our prayers....

P.K.
03-01-2013, 04:32 PM
Keep the updates coming! Good news indeed!

missionary5155
03-01-2013, 05:21 PM
Greetings Lloyd
Thanks for the update. Will keep praying.. Mike in Peru

lightman
03-01-2013, 06:07 PM
Thats good news! Hope she continues to improve. Lightman

Firebricker
03-01-2013, 06:54 PM
Lloyd, Thanks for the update so glad to hear she is doing well and I agree it's great to see that smile you got one tough cookie there ! FB

smoked turkey
03-01-2013, 08:26 PM
She is a dandy. I can see that this won't hold her down for long. A merry heart doth good like a medicine. It shows on her.

Bad Water Bill
03-02-2013, 01:57 AM
She is indeed a cutie. :)

Wait till she comes home with EMERALD GREEN,FIRE ENGINE RED or BRIGHT YELLOW hair coloring. Yes it is a GIRL thing.

Start loading those shotgun shells NOW.

The wolves will be showing up at her door sooner than dad expects. :Fire:

DLCTEX
03-02-2013, 06:16 AM
Good progress, keep it coming.

Olevern
03-02-2013, 08:58 AM
I predict she'll be back on that dirtbike beating the boys before you know it. Great to hear she's doing well. Thanks for the update.

btroj
03-02-2013, 09:34 AM
Good to hear things are on the upswing. luckily kids heal pretty quickly.

The blue hair will get worse. My daughter had some blue, pink, or purple in small bits for most of high school. Beats the heck out of piercings or tats.

kbstenberg
03-02-2013, 10:07 AM
Don't worry about the hair color! When my kids were growing up I realized fads come and go. If the change isn't permanent in a while everything will go back to normal. Hair color, piercings, finger nail polish. Foregettabout it ( NY Italian accent) Tattoos now thats another story.

Lloyd Smale
03-02-2013, 10:26 AM
told her the only tatoo shes ever allowed to have will say hands off! grandpas girl!!

Freightman
03-02-2013, 10:36 AM
Good news, prayers will cure all, keep up your care granddaughters are a true blessing.

Thumbcocker
03-02-2013, 12:05 PM
Glad things are going well. Dad needs to start practicing his gun cleaning for coming years.

smokeywolf
03-02-2013, 01:22 PM
I've been away for a while, as my laptop just gave up the ghost. Put my desktop unit back together with some spit & bailing wire and hopefully it will serve the purpose for a while.

So great to see her happy face and "never give up" spirit.
Down the road when she gets her cast/wrappings, pins, etc. removed and her physical therapy starts, she'll need grandpa to help her with some P.T. for her trigger finger. Great excuse for her and grandpa to spend some quality plinking time together.

smokeywolf