PDA

View Full Version : Lyman return time?

VA Shooter
03-01-2013, 12:17 PM
I just sent my Lyman 311008 mold back to lyman because I could see daylight when closed. Does anyone have any idea how long it should take to get it back?

Green Frog
03-02-2013, 08:50 AM
I'm going to hazard a guess here and say it depends on what they decide to do with it. Perhaps they will decide that it will take too much time and effort to fix it and just send you a replacement... in that case it will be back to you in just the time it takes to work through the pile of work orders to make the decision, plus shipping time. Repair might take a day or two longer, but mostly the "dwell time" @ Lyman will be waiting your turn, I suspect.

Froggie

VA Shooter
03-02-2013, 10:29 AM
Thanks Froggie, they said they would just send me another one

9.3X62AL
03-02-2013, 11:37 AM
This was about 18 months ago, so Lyman likely wasn't so busy.......but I sent an all-steel aperture sight back for re-fit, and total turn-around was ~three weeks and $21. I was very happy with the service.

Lance Boyle
03-06-2013, 11:35 PM
Dang, I must be chopped liver.

I bought a 314299 that cast real small. Sent it back for a recut. After 6 wks I sent them an email inquiring on its status. They sent it back a week later. It still wasn't right and the noses were 2 diff sizes and the gas check shanks are fat where you really have to work the checks on. I sent it back again, I'm on week 7.