PDA

View Full Version : My "dripomatic" crapped out

dakotashooter2
03-01-2013, 11:26 AM
I've been battling the dripping in my Lee 10# for some time now. I've cleaned evererything after every time I've used it lately with little success. Now last night it started dripping proffusly not only through the spout but around it. Looks like the spout has worked loose from the pot. Any fix for this or should I just resign myself to sealing the hole and use as a dipper pot?

Frozone
03-01-2013, 12:41 PM
replace the liner, fixing the leak is a PITA. Or you can pop the spout out of the liner, and weld a patch over the hole for a dip pot.

R.M.
03-01-2013, 01:26 PM
I had that happen once.What had happened was all along I had been overfilling the pot, and the alloy was running over the rim and between the pot and the outer liner. There was quite a build-up in there. Since then, I've been careful not to fill it to the brim.

472x1B/A
03-01-2013, 10:24 PM
I have replaced a new pot in one of my Lee 10 lb. drippomatics. Someone had tryed to melt gold in it befor I picked it up. Course the nozzle came loose while I was trying to clean it to use. Ordered a new one from Lee with a few other parts and had the new one in, in about an hour and up and running. It's not that hard to replace, just take your time and be carefull. Oh yah, I almost forgot. Getting the rim off is REAL hard. Use plenty of penetrating fluid and a rubber or wooden hammer.