PDA

View Full Version : My Muzzy Project "Ebay Hawken"

FLORES425
02-28-2013, 09:14 PM
Bought a muzzy off of ebay for 96bucks and got a GM 1/28 twist for 190. Want to put lyman peep and lyman 17a up front. 62735Anyone know what make this muzzy is?

FLORES425
02-28-2013, 09:16 PM
Played with trigger and it has some adjustments treaded screw between set trigger. Nice trigger pull think i will leave it alone til range time.

mooman76
02-28-2013, 09:24 PM
Hard to tell from a picture but looks like it could have been a CVA or Traditions. They used to get their parts from the same place and were interchangable.

FLORES425
03-02-2013, 02:43 PM
62856Cant wait to shoot this bad boy.

bubba.50
03-02-2013, 06:51 PM
yer stock looks like a cva/traditions frontier rifle stock. yer green mountain barrel looks like one of their drop-ins for t/c guns. they are not compatible with each other. the barrel will fit a cabelas/lyman/investarms hawken/trade/deerstalker rifle stock with minimal effort.

also, yer barrel looks like it might be a 1in barrel which will require a t/c renegade or 54cal hawken stock.

luck to ya & have a good'en, bubba.

FLORES425
03-02-2013, 11:42 PM
Guy said it had a 1in valley that would except a gm barrel. There isnt any mods i can do to fit the barrel? Barrel should be here on monday . Thanks bubba

fouronesix
03-03-2013, 12:01 AM
If the barrel channel in the stock is 1" across the flats and the barrel is the same, you certainly can make it fit. BUT exactly how much labor and modification depends on several things beside the barrel fitting into the channel. You'll see when you get the barrel. Could be a real PITB or fairly straight forward ???

FLORES425
03-03-2013, 12:40 AM
Like the hammer not hitting the nipple dead center or what do you mean?

Rattus58
03-03-2013, 02:29 AM
Guy said it had a 1in valley that would except a gm barrel. There isnt any mods i can do to fit the barrel? Barrel should be here on monday . Thanks bubba

Well this was a "project" you sayed... :D I've not been beyond taking a file and dremel to the stock before and then bedding the remainder to make it seem to be whole... and if it is indeed 1" across... well... you've been blessed...

Aloha.. 8-)

bubba.50
03-03-2013, 02:41 AM
a couple things come to mind. the lug on the end of the breechplug that fits into the hole in the tang is different on a cva/traditions than the lug on a Thompson/lyman/cabelas/investarms so some creative engineerin' may be involved in gettin' them to work together. your lock has the small round cut-out for the drum that the nipple screws into, your barrel has a t/c type bolster. more mods may be needed here. and as you say, after all that, the nipple may or may not line up. also will need to determine if the underlug is in the right position and depth for the wedge to go through to hold barrel & stock together & the underrib may or may not need trimmin' or lengthenin'.

as was stated above, probably can be made to work but you'll hafta decide if it's worth whatever mods it takes or if it would be better to find a more readily compatible stock.

luck & have a good'en friend, bubba.

FLORES425
03-04-2013, 10:38 PM
Yup doesnt fit, lookin for one on ebay tc right now. Or anyone got one for sale

tomme boy
03-04-2013, 11:29 PM
You need a T/C stock to fit the barrel you have. Or, you need a CVA barrel. But here is another problem you are going to run into. CVA,Traditions used 2 different breach hooks. One is a ball, the other is a hook. Have fun. Or just call Deer Creek.