PDA

View Full Version : Report on making grease cookies- ez peasy

Texantothecore
02-27-2013, 03:14 PM
I found a cartridge case that had come with an AOL gauge that I had used at one time and it had a big hole drilled where the primer cup should be so I decided to use it as cutter for grease cookies. I resized it in my Lee Classic Loader, stuck a hex wrench in the hole and presto I had a cookie cutter.

I had 1/2 pound of Emmerts lube (45% Beeswax, 45% Crisco and 10% vegetable oil) so I heated it up and poured it 1/4+ inch deep in a plastic box that I had. The heating time for the Emmerts in a pyrex measuring cup was 3 minutes in my microwave and it poured very well into the box.

I started to cut and found that I had to let it cool down a lot. When I had cooled it down, I started cutting, pushing the cartridge down until it bottomed, twisting it a bit and then lifting the cartridge case to the wax paper where I pushed on the hex wrench to push it out of the case. Worked like a charm and it is very fast.

It is really easy to do.

Freightman
02-28-2013, 02:25 PM
Will try thanks!

Texantothecore
02-28-2013, 03:14 PM
Will try thanks!

It is dirt simple. The entire block of Emmerts lube in the pyrex mixing cup seemed very hard but when only 1/4" thick it cuts very rapidly and cleanly.