PDA

View Full Version : Springfield Armory XDm 9mm Compact

Errokk
02-26-2013, 09:18 PM
Just wanted to get the thoughts of my fellow enthusiasts, gun owners and reloaders. I own an SA XDm 9mm Compact for my CCW and absolutely love it! I've got more then 2k rounds through this pistol without any hiccups what so ever and I'm also considering the XDm .40 and .45 4.5" for my next handgun selection. I have installed a PRP drop-in trigger kit as well as a set of Talon laser cut grips and of course the Pearce grip extension's on my compact magazines. Any of you have an XDm? Tell me about your XDm and/or your expirence's with them. Thx, Errokk. :)

Errokk
02-27-2013, 01:36 AM
That issue is usually caused by over oiling. Not an issue that I've had.

Case Stuffer
02-27-2013, 10:51 PM
I have one which I also purchased for CC and love mine. I only have around 300 rounds thru it but have tried 124 gr. FMJ,JHP,125gr. Nyclad LHP,124gr.LRN,LTCFP, 135 LSWC, and today Speer LE 115gr. +P+ JHP. This thing feeds and functions great with any bullet style over a very good load range without any issues. The Speer LE +P+ are stout to say the least, nothing something I could care to shot for fun but they were purchased for a carry load and I ran a 16rnd. mag just to check function.

FYI some of my reloads have been with 1970 vintage CCI small pistol and small rife magnum primers and primers have functions with 100% reliability. It should be a well known fact not to lube the firing pin channel of these striker fired pistols be they XD,Glocks etc.. I never tune the trigger or striker / hammer of a carry gun as I do not feel it is necessary. Mine out of the box off hand put the rounds in a 2" square at 20 feet. Any of my 1911s will out shoot it but they are not nearly as comfortable to CC and at my age I really like the simplisity of a striker fired , no manual safetys to worry with or worse yet forget at the worse possible moment..